Fletcher Update

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

It's been brought to my attention that you all need an update on my boy. Sorry for the delay!

Well... there's not a whole lot to say. He continues to do many of his "Fletcher" things like wait at the door when he hears me come home, lay in the middle of the kitchen floor in an attempt to trip me, head butt the can of food I take out of the cabinet so it's approved for use, and crawl under the covers with me-- although now he's doing this several times a night which is odd for him.

But, he's now below 10 pounds. He isn't eating much (maybe 2 oz a day max) but shows interest. He just eats a few bites and is done. No nausea symptoms. Litter box use is uneventful. No insulin in over a week. There's something going on, I just don't know what.

I've resolved to just take each day as it comes. I remind myself that we are coming up on 3 years post acro diagnosis, and that still amazes me! When we learned what he has, the outlook was so glum and bleak. Never did I expect to still have him. But we have learned so much more about this condition and how to help our furries-- and the vet community is starting to take a peak at it (Thank you Dr. Lunn!!!!), which can only help those to come.

dancing_cat

2. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

thanks for the update, I will continue to keep Fletcher in my thoughts.

3. Jennifer and Dylan (GA)

Jennifer and Dylan (GA) New Member

Carolynn, with a new year upon us, Fletcher continues to amaze us all. Fletcher continues to be my hero!!

You and Fletcher make the best pair of fighters out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.