Followup at the vet's for Jester - send good thoughts

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by shelaghc, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

Pancreatitis seems to be under control and off and on Jester has been ravenous.

Hoping that's a good sign and that his weight is up even by a few solid ounces when the vet looks him over.

Send positive thoughts out for us for a good outcome.

But I won't stop being worried until he's back in the double-digits weight-wise.

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Sending tons of prayers, vines, and positive thoughts for a great outcome! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

shelaghc likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending positive thoughts your way

shelaghc likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Positive thoughts!

shelaghc likes this.
  5. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good vetty vines sent.

shelaghc likes this.
  7. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone.
    The good - he hasn't lost more weight, he's been eating, and overall things are going well.
    The not great - he hasn't gained so much as an ounce despite eating at least two 5.5 ounce cans of Friskies every day - and sometimes more -for over a week.

The vet wants me to stop stressing about it. But I can feel every single rib and every single bone in his spine. I just want him to gain something back.

It's next to impossible to get him to eat alternative foods that are higher calorie without going even high on the carbs. He's just too picky.
    And I can't leave food out for him when I'm gone because I have two other cats who will eat it out from under him if I'm not around to shoo them away. (Also, no way to separate them with my current housing situation.)

8. allison and Bubbles

allison and Bubbles Member

sending hugs for Jester and you...very glad the pancreatitis is not acute!!that is VERY positive...you are in my thoughts and saying a prayer right now...

shelaghc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.