Food question! (Young Again problems)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Miriam Vogel, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miriam Vogel

Miriam Vogel New Member

Hi! My Conrad refuses to eat any wet food, so I've had him on as low carb dry food as I could find since I got him in February, but he just can't get regulated. Anyways, I stumbled on Young Again, and I just got it in the mail on Friday and after several days of literal poop soup, he now refuses to eat YA... So I'm stuck. I've tried everything to get him on wet food and he will not no matter what I do. This evening I had to boil him chicken because he hadn't eaten all day and won't eat any dry food now either and I'm afraid it's because he's afraid he will hardcore diarrhea again. He has a vet appointment tomorrow to make sure he doesn't have a UTI or anything, but does anyone know if there's either a solution to the Young Again poop soup or if there's another dry food out there that has incredibly low carbohydrates? (I've found none other than YA that's less than 25%). Thanks!
    Miriam + Conrad

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Dr Elsey's Clean Protein Chicken is a good option. It has the cleaniest ingredients you are going to find in a dry food, and the carbs are very reasonable.. like 4 or 5%. https://www.drelseys.com/learn-more/chicken-recipe/

It really is possible to convert a die-hard kibble addict though. It just takes time and patience. For several months, I had to add kibbles on top of Mia's dry food to get her to touch it.

3. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

Truffles couldn’t tolerate YA zero mature. Had the same issue. As soon as I stopped he was fine. I’m lucky all my cats have always eaten everything put in front of them. Some they preferred more than others but always ate. I think it’s because there was usually competition from the others so they knew if they didn’t eat it one of the others would! Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.