Fortiflora?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PiePie, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiePie

PiePie Member

I've started giving my cats 1/2c of YoungAgain in the middle of the night to share. Now everyday I wake up to my civie barfing and now someone has the runs. I'm going to cut down the amount I give them at night, but does anyone have thoughts on just adding Fortiflora to their wet food to help settle the tummies?

We're doing the dry food drop at night because we're pretty sure Keaton was getting too hungry overnight and barfing from that.

Thanks.

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

fortiflora will help IF you lower the YA food amount right away. with young again, you need to slowly transition most cats to it. like 1tbsp a day for a couple days and so on. we didn't do so and free-fed like YA recommended and they all got digestive/stool issues for a few weeks and some for months afterwards! if you still have problems after slowly transitioning them to it, than your cat may have problems with the guar gum ingredient, it acts like a laxitive for some cats. We now use dr. elsey's clean protein (no guar gum in it), it is much easier on their tummies IMO, started with a tbsp and within a week or so they were able to handle 4-5 tbsps (about 1/3 cp) without issues but, we do split their dry servings into 2 meals to avoid problems..

edit: just remembered YA has probiotics in it already so you may want to use Slippery Elm instead of fortiflora. it soothes their tummies too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.