? Franklin +4 85 and 2nd +4 109 Wait for +6 for next test?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by FranklinsMom, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

I apologize for the duplicate note--I posted this in the Lantus forum a few minutes ago and can't figure out how to delete it there. I was planning to leave the house to run some errands to be back in time for +6 so am posting it here. This is my first below 85 reading. I haven't called the vet yet but will if it is suggested I do that. Thanks.

8/25 Franklin AMPS 116, +2 113, +4 85/109

Newbie here. Franklin hasn't had insulin all week---post office lost his box of strips for a couple of days and didn't want to shoot without testing. When I finally got the strips he has been testing below 200 and I think we aren't supposed to give insulin then, right? I dropped off my spreadsheet this morning at the vet's office and I am waiting on a call back. I think she was going to want a curve today so I've already started that.

Just tested him at +4. Just before I poked him I had put a strip in the AT2 meter but not all the way. Got a phone call and took it. During the phone call I must have bumped strip into the meter because it started beeping. Got off phone and took test with that strip and it was an 85. Just in case something was weird because of that beep, I immediately did another test with another strip and it was 109.

I give him some a treat of sliced turkey from the deli after each test. He had breakfast at about 6:00 or so. Plan to feed him some more at about noon or maybe closer to 1 after the next test. (This is my first curve so let me know if I should feed him first.)

Am I okay to wait until +6 for the next test?

Thanks.

P.S. I am now swimming in extra strips so I won't have the strip issue again.

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I've responded on your other thread in the Lantus forum.

3. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

4. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

I am closing this thread since I have a reply over in the Lantus forum. I see that I can delete my reply but not my original post so will just close it this way. Sorry about this. I was a little anxious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.