Freckles--AMPS 107 0.75u +1 96 +2 92 +3 116 +6 157 PMPS 326 +2 285

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

I shot. What the heck? I'm anxious so I try to just focus on the order of things--I just test, feed, shoot. AAAhhhhhhh! I was hoping not to have to test her so much today, but I think I just shot myself in the foot. At least it was a smaller dose. I have plenty of strips, lancets, higher carb food, karo syrup, honey, and since it's Saturday, help from my husband.

I need to change to test/THINK/feed/shoot.:arghh:

2. Ter and Sally

Ter and Sally Member

Hi Lannie I just joined, my name Is Terri and my cat is Sally. My husband and I test/think/feed/shoot and we were up all night with an obvious rebound from me doing the same thing. And that's with thinking. I think there is somebody in the feline body that is counter thinking. We were up most of last night because we stuck with our same dose and she was high pmps; she dropped almost 200 in 2 hours. Now we are kicking ourselves for thinking about what we did this morning!

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I think we’ve all done that. The thinking part is extra tricky when you’re stressed or tired. It will be another good data gathering day to compare to your skipped shot yesterday. ;)

Get a +1 and +2 and go from there.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m actually glad you did shoot. I know you are a newbie without a lot of data but you did decrease and you are getting such a great response and able to test. ! Get a +1 and a +2. Post them and get ready for either lots of testing or a flat green cycle. Lurkers please do not take this to mean that anyone new and in a similar situation should do the same. If asked whether to shoot I would have said to stall, not feed, and see if the BG rises. Safety first.

5. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Welcome Terri! I think you'll find this place very helpful. I hope you have a great day with Sally.

Tiffmaxee and Stacy, thank you for your reassurance.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Ditto :cool:

7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Another good data-gathering day! :D:D

8. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

9. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

10. Ter and Sally

Ter and Sally Member

Thanks! You too!! I already have. I read the thread last week from a few years ago about the sweet 18 year old who was trying to save her kitty and everyone here was so sweet and kind and "virtually" holding her hand. I've been a vet tech for 24 years and everyone here has really got it going on. Great advice, individually tailored.

11. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

+2 92. Is it best if I retest again in an hour? It took 10 pokes to get enough blood to get a test without an error. I'd like to give her ears a longer break if it's safe.

12. Mandy & Rex (GA)

If you could do a +3, that would be helpful. Are you warming her ears before poking?

13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’d test again in an hour. Looking like we might see a that nice flat cycle. Nice healing cycle.

14. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice cycle for Freckles today. :cool::D

15. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

I will test again. Yesterday I was feeling like was getting the hang of it. Got a good sample on the first try almost every time. Today has been a struggle.

I am warming her ears. She's just not bleeding much, and for the first time since we've been doing this, it's just spreading into her fur instead of beading up. We're in the middle of a big snow storm. 12 inches so far. I'll just blame it on the weather.:rolleyes:

16. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

17. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

+3 116. DH had the magic touch and got it on the first try. Hallelujah!

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  18. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

19. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

The vet called me. He was only slightly dismissive of the TR. It seemed it was mostly because he feels that TR is more than most people want to do and that the study was done on a small sample number of cats. He asked me if I was a nurse. No, just able and willing.

He was fine if I wanted to give it a try, but not to over manage--wildly changing doses from one day to the next. He did look at Freckles' spreadsheet and was pretty happy with what he saw.

What I didn't like was that he didn't know we had changed her to wet low carb food or that we had even begun giving insulin. I was surprised that wasn't indicated in her file.

20. Ter and Sally

Ter and Sally Member

I get what you're saying; one reason could be he's probably exhausted and missed it entirely. I've been in the veterinary business 24 years and it's gotten crazy busy. No time for lunch anymore either, I don't take one and unless there's a meeting most vets eat at their desk. That's why sites like this are so very important.

21. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

You make a very good point. And I'm grateful he called--he wasn't even the Doctor I had worked with before, but he said he was happy to continue working with Freckles and I, and her diabetes, going forward.

He was also very aware of what she should be eating and carb percentages. I forgot to write that I liked and was impressed with that.

22. Ter and Sally

Ter and Sally Member

One problem with vet care is that you're a radiologist, GP, ortho/opthal etc and every Dr has a different way of treating this disease. Cats can be difficult to regulate but I think a lot of Drs just assume that and that scares and discourages people. And sometimes it ain't cheap! There are lots of horrible vets though so it's good to be informed and if you don't get a good vibe best to move on.

23. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

PMPS 326 Should I stick with .75 or 1u?

24. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Stay with 0.75u for 5 more cycles.

ETA: I mean 4 more cycles. I forgot you have done 2 cycles on 0.75u.

25. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Try putting some neosporin or petroleum jelly or olive oil, anything oil based and non toxic on her ear, it will make the blood bead up for you instead of absorbing in to her fur.

26. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Went with the .75. We have someone here she doesn't know and she's acting skittish. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the higher number. And I can see people are responding as I'm typing. We'll see if I guessed correctly...

27. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

That's what I was guessing.

Thank you everyone! I'll get another in an hour or so.

28. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

29. Mandy & Rex (GA)

She's coming down slowly so that's good. Good night. :)

30. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

31. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Going down...second floor-housewares table linens and fine china...;)

Perfect.

It may have influenced the BG. However that was a lovely stretch-o-green there today. In a cat that has been running considerably higher, several hours of green can trigger the release of counter-regulatory hormones in order to bring BG back up to familiar territory-‘

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.