? Freckles--AMPS 190 I think I messed up +1 211 +2 182 +5.5 115 PMPS 251

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...9-i-shouldnt-shoot-right.189711/#post-2112606

I gave her a full dose. And now I'm reading...

Between 150 and 200 (8.3-11.1 mmol/L), you have three options: a.) give nothing; b.) give a token dose (10-25% of the usual dose); c.) feed as usual, test in a couple of hours, and make a decision based on that value.

Well, I already shot her. What do I do now? Just watch and test her? I will be home most of the day, but have a couple of classes to teach.

Trying not to freak out to much...

I'd better print up that guideline and put it in her box of supplies.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Don't freak out, many of us regularly shoot that number and you will be too, in the future when you have more data, you're getting a jump start on that data today. ;)

I would absolutely get a +1 and a +2, it will give you an idea of where the cycle is headed.

I would also make sure you have plenty of test strips and some higher carb food or honey or Karo syrup on hand.

Please post your +1 here in an hour and keep your SS up to date. :cat:

3. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

I have loads of test strips, I still have her dry food that is high carb, honey and Karo syrup. I'll do the +1 and +2 tests and repost and enter the data on the SS. Thank you for your guidance and reassurance!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Stacy & Asia

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

It will only give you more data on what happens when you shoot under 200. :bighug:

Could you add the date when Freckles was diagnosed with diabetes to your signature so we can glance and see how "new" she is?

6. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Done. 1/10/2018 She was diagnosed a week ago today, but we weren't able to start insulin until 1/15.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Mandy, I just looked at Rex's spread sheet. You had remission in about a month. That's awesome. (I think I'm supposed to say antijinx! here:))I was just happy to see that you missed a day of dosing here and there because you were out of town and everything was OK. I said to my husband last night that I realized we couldn't go anywhere for a weekend now, because of the necessary shots. You give me hope that that may not be the case. Not that we do it often, but I like to think that our life won't be put on hold because of the diabetes. We have sitters for longer vacations, that will be able to take over testing and dosing duties.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

What's the +1?

9. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Just finished. 211

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  10. Stacy & Asia

Not far off from the preshot, let's see what the +2 says. :cat:

11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I think the biggest impact was the removal of high carb dry kibble. That's when Rex started the race down the racing ladder and off the juice. There have been times where I skipped because I had to keep Rex safe while I worked. If Freckles has never had an episode of DKA, then it may be okay to skip here and there, but if she has had DKA, then you must try not to skip any doses.

Are you still giving dry kibble as part of the diet? Or is it used only as a HC source now?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  12. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

She has been only on wet food since diagnosis. Luckily, she loved the switch. We did give her a few pieces of dry as a "treat" after her first BG test, because we hadn't purchased any other treats yet. Now we have freeze dried turkey and salmon.

+2 is 182

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

If you could, grab a +4. Again, you are collecting data on what happens when you shoot below 200. :)

14. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

That's right when my class starts, but I can do a +5.5 or possibly a little earlier.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

As said by others you were safe to shoot provided you could monitor which you are doing. We suggest skipping as a newbie to be extra safe. When you have more data you won’t be nervous shooting. On TR we shoot anything over 50. Onset can be any time but for Max it was between +2-3. So grab tge +4 and post. Looking good after a skipped shot.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  16. Stacy & Asia

What's the +4? +2 indicates an active cycle

17. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

I taught a class, so wasn't able to do a +4. +5.5 is 115.

18. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Nice cycle.

19. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.