? Freckles--AMPS 333 +6 207 +9 176 PMPS 143 +1 131 +2 107 +3 109 +4 112 +10 158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

2. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Went with the .75, but could get a drop out of the syringe afterwards, so I guess a little less. I need to push down harder next time.

I'm not concerned about the .75, and after today I can closely monitor her (if her numbers go low) for a few days, if needed. I'd really like to be more consistent with giving her the insulin.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

As @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey said last night, you could shoot 0.75u one more time (shoot through the bounce) and then go to 0.5u as your regular dose. I think that's the best thing to do. So you have already shot the 0.75u, do the 0.5u tonight.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Actually Tricia said an argument could be made to drop to .50 even though a reduction has not been earned. I’d post the PMPS and see tonight. I’d be inclined to wait for an earned reduction provided you can stay up should it be necessary but it’s your call.

Sandy and Black Kitty likes this.
  5. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Good call.
    Since you can be around for the next few days and in light of the data you have collected the past few cycles I think staying with.75u is a good strategy.

After the last skip, it took 4 cycles of.75 to recover from both the skip and the bounce. That is pretty quick. These next few cycles are a good time to get some PM+10s. It will make facing your next green AMPS easier knowing if Freckles is going up or down.

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I must have misunderstood Tricia's intention. Do follow Sandy's advice above .. she's one of the pros here. :D

7. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

8. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

PMPS 143 Shooting, yes?

9. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I think you're fine to shoot, but do monitor hourly. She has been going down all day (broke the bounce).

10. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

11. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

I guess I should ask, test hourly for how long?

12. Mandy & Rex (GA)

If you are able, until the numbers level out or rise. It would be a good idea to feed again before going to bed to encourage Freckles to surf. I can't stay up with you. Do you need eyes on your condo?

13. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

I hope I'm not being overly confident in saying I'm alright. But I think I'll be alright. Thanks for checking.

14. Mandy & Rex (GA)

All right. Good luck and I'll check on you in the morning! If anything happens, post something like what to do? or help - low numbers in your title. :bighug::bighug:

15. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'll be around for a few hours yet, so I'll check in and offer any help I can if you need it. Can you post your readings, start with +1.

16. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Yes. Thanks for keeping an eye on us.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  17. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

18. Christie & Maverick

Not bad, a bit lower than PMPS but within meter variance, I usually like to feed a tsp or two of his regular low carb food when the test is lower, just to keep Mav going, but not too much in case I need to feed more later on in the cycle. Does Freckles have a pretty good appetite? The +2 will likely tell you more.

19. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

She came asking for more food right about +1 time, so I gave her a 1/4 can of FF, thinking not to feed her too much so that she might eat more a little later on.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  20. Christie & Maverick

That's fine, 1/4 can FF is what I portion out too, that's somewhere between 1-2 tsps.

21. Sandy and Black Kitty

Another quick recovery. :cool:
    I recommend a +2.

Assuming Freckles doesn’t decide to sprint diwn to the mid greens and keep you up half the night, this cycle would be a good time to get a PM +10. I used to set an alarm on my phone and put the phone on my chest to make sure I woke up to check on BK.

Do you have a regular feeding schedule ?

22. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

She eats in the morning after AMPS and eats in the evening after PMPS. During the day she usually eats two other times. She just let's us know when she's hungry. Sometimes she eats after PM shot. Tonight she has, and she's asking for more.

23. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

24. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

And eating a little more FF.

25. Christie & Maverick

Seems like she is having an active cycle. Depending on the +3 reading, you may need to feed a bit higher carb food than FF. If she's in the 80-90s, I'd still feed the low carb FF, but if she heads into the 60s at +3, I'd be more inclined to feed a bit of MC. But then, I never like early cycle low numbers. She may flatten out, but just in case, have a quick read on dealing with low numbers (under 50) in the sticky http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...regulation-shooting-handling-low-numbers.147/

And keep posting for help and advice if you need it, there are a few folks who stay up late around here ;), or are from overseas. I'll be heading off to sleep soon, but wanted to offer a few suggestions before I go.

@Stacy & Asia , if you are around for a while yet, can you check in with Lannie here? Freckles is having a nice little cycle tonight.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Reason for edit: added comment and tag
  26. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Thanks, Christie. She's at 109 now, so I think we're going to call it a night, unless someone feels strongly that we shouldn't.

We'll plan on getting a +10 in the morning.

27. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

There not enough data in your pm cycles, especially active ones, to really say. Considering the pm cycle on the 18th with the higher +3 than you have tonight...you woke up to a 65 (likely a rise from a lower number). I think it would be prudent to set your alarm and get another test in, at least.

28. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

We'll get a +4.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  29. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

It's hard to fill in the blanks in the pm cycle, because we all want our sleep, but pm cycles and am cycles can be so different, it's very useful to have the data for those nights of low greens when you're thinking "is it safe to go to bed? Or can I sneak a nap in here?".

I found it helpful to try to get one overnight test in and would vary when I set the alarm each night so that I could try to fill in the blanks and figure out where was her biggest drop, if any, where about was her nadir, when she usually started rising, etc.

That being said, I had a lot more time than you building that data up because Asia was not seeing greens like that for a good long while. The plus side for you is Freckles is getting with the program right away, but it also means you probably won't be building up that data gradually. ;)

30. tiffmaxee

Ok glad you are getting a +4 as the nadir might be up to +6. I’d feed a little regular food to hopefully slow her down now.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  31. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

I'm not sure what vsliwcher means.;)

Getting the plus four now.

32. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

33. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

And she's eating a little more.

34. tiffmaxee

i think you should be good if you want to go to bed. Leave out food as they will usually eat if they drop low. Sorry about the typo.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  35. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

No need to be sorry. It made me smile. Sorry if my comment came across wrong.

Good night, and thank you.

36. tiffmaxee

Your comment was fine. I typed too fast on my phone and didn’t check before hitting post.

37. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

38. Christie & Maverick

Looks like the only scenario I didn't think of was that Freckles would stay pretty flat after the +2, glad to see she didn't make any fast moves ;). Good job getting that +4. I usually try and make notes of the food I fed (how much, % carb) just so I have it handy the next time around.

39. Sandy and Black Kitty

Nice. :cool:

You are doing a great job.
    Your journey so far has been very compressed, which makes things a bit tricky.

The green PS will likely appear again before you string together 6 consecutive cycles of.75u. Being data ready is your best strategy for making the best decisions when faced with your lowest PS numbers. The +10s and +11s in particular will help keep you out of trouble.

Most folks that are 1 week in are trying to wrap their minds around how to test. By the time most of us were facing a green PS a good deal of time had passed and a good deal of data was accumulated. Different scenarios require different considerations however safety is always the first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.