free AccuCheck meter in Canada

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Noah & me (GA), Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I use this meter because it needs an incredibly small amount of blood. The Aviva model comes in a travel case with good batteries, a great manual and a mini travel meter. The memory goes as far back as Nigel and will display 3, 5 and 7 day averages (which are useless mathematically).
    I printed the form from freemeter dot ca (now they can't link anything to FDMB) and off I went.
    I did not say this.......
    Make up a story about your doctor advising you to get a meter because you are borderline diabetic, don't say anything about a cat, try and look confused :rolleyes:. The pharmacy did not want I.D. but you need to buy 100 lancets. The strips are expensive!
    And of course the website uses cookies and won't promise not to divulge blah blah blah.
    If anyone is just in tears about not getting enough blood it's a good choice and you can always donate the meter to a shelter or other good cause later.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

That is obviously a human meter and there are better choices. Sorry for bumping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.