FreeStyle Strip Users

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

I ordered some Freestyle Insulix strips and they are the same strips as the Freestyle Lite and the Alphatrak 2 strips. I did a few tests with them and even at a high reading, they are only about 15 to 20 points off from the tests I have done. There is a seller on eBay that sells these strips for $9.99 free shipping! I would not suggest waiting until the last minute to order them as I ordered them on Monday and just got them today. I read some reviews where others had complained that it took longer to get them. But hey, can't pass up Freestyle strips for $10! Here is the link to them on eBay.

Ebay- Freestyle Insulinx Strips

Sylvie and Kris & Teasel like this.
  2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

What was the code for the strips and what code are you using for the AT meter?

3. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

didn't see this post, just finish asking ya on older thread how they are working out for you..
    what code did you try?
    37 seems best for me so far.

4. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

There is no code on the vial and my AT2 meter code is set at 38. That is the code on the last vial of AT2 strips I used.

5. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

oh seller must ship on certain days only cause i ordered mine on 23rd/friday and got them today too. with free shipping, i expect longer wait really.

6. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Do you order from that seller too??

7. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

yeah that is who i got them from.

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

How are they comparing at higher numbers 200+

9. Laura & Bundy

Laura & Bundy Member

Thanks for the link, I noticed that this seller has sold the same item for varying prices fluctuating as much as $25 a box in price. That concerns me as I've had problems with counterfeit items on Ebay. I did order some and will compare readings, hopefully they are OK. And no code on the vial??? Please read this: http://www.diabetesforecast.org/2012/dec/buyer-beware-cut-rate-test-strips-for-sale.html

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Amy & Tommy likes this.
  10. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Yesterday afternoon I did a comparison with an alphatrak strip and the insulinx strip. AT2 strip showed Booger was 694 and the insulinx showed 709

JeffJ and JanetNJ like this.
  11. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Thank you. They came in a sealed box as well

12. JanetNJ

Nice

13. JanetNJ

I ordered a box. It won't be here for awhile and I'll use alpha strips when she's low, but it's a good way to save a little here and there.

14. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

@JeffJ

JeffJ likes this.
  15. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll check it out. I have a 5 month supply on hand from my last purchase.

16. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Booger was giving me a hard time testing him this morning. First check he was 91. I wasn't sure if it got enough blood for a good reading as he wouldn't stay still so I did a second test which said 149. Pretty sure him being irritated with me picking him pushed his level up from 91. Goding to wait until shot time and test again to see where he is to see if insulin is needed at this point.

17. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

If you end up having one PS too low to shoot a few times, it's best to lower the dose a little. You might try 1.75 u next.

18. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Sorry I posted that here lol that was meant for the other thread but didn't realize it was on this one lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.