? Freestyle

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by apple, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple

apple Member

Questions:

I thought I should have back-up plan, just because .....

Do people use freestyle or freestyle lite in their AT2 meters?

Where are you getting them? I haven't found any brick and mortar stores in my area that have them.

Cost, so far freestyle (on-line) strips are more than my AT2 strips. Where are you purchasing from?

My vet is a road trip away and I thought this might be an option at a local retailer.....or an option if weather stops my travel, etc....

Thank you for your input.

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Free Style Lite. They look exactly like AT2 strips but you have to do multiple comparisons side by side. One blood sample, do a test with AT2 and AT2 strip, then test with AT2 and FSL strip. I purchased mine online, I think Amazon but when I searched just now nothing came up. May have been E-bay.

3. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

4. apple

apple Member

Thanks for the reply.

Does your store have them in stock? Or do you have to order them?

I went to two walmarts to check out the supplies, neither had freestyle- anything strips and very few strips for any meter of any kind. Very few is defined as around 12 or less boxes total of all brands of strips combined.

I figured walmart would be over flowing with supplies......

5. apple

apple Member

Thanks for the reply.

The couple on-line prices I saw were more than what I pay for AT2 strips from vet. Maybe I that's just the way it is around here?.!?

Edit to say:
    Freestyle running about $40 USD more for the same amount.

6. Phoebes (GA)

Sometimes they have on shelf, sometimes have to ask the girl behind the counter they keep extras back there. If you order online they should be able to send to you. Stok should not be a problem

7. Phoebes (GA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.