Freeze dried Beef Liver ?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bonnie Dune, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie Dune

Bonnie Dune New Member

Your consensus on freeze dried beef liver ?
    I have to count my fingers after offering a few bites... she likes it that much !!!,
    and our vet said it was okay to add as a treat.
    She hears the bag and I get scared :0)
    Feral cat mom ~~~

2. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

Pablo absolutely loved them...unfortunately, they don't love him near as much. It took me about a week to realize that the vomiting in the middle of the night only happened when I fed the freeze-dried liver. :roll:

He loves the chicken and has no trouble with it, so I'm not sure why the liver doesn't agree with him!

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

They are fine to give, if kitty tolerates. One of mine does not like them, the other pukes within 5mins of eating - but she did go crazy for them.. I just could not justify giving it when she puked ;-)

Go for it...... safe treat!!

4. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

All of mine love it. Just remember 'all things in moderation' and that's necessary when feeding any organ meats.

5. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

My Oscar goes gaga for freeze dried liver! Too bad he puked it all up the first time I gave it to him! Can you explain why you need to give organ treats in moderation? Is it because they have a much higher fat content?

6. stripestang

stripestang New Member

Just happened to see Oscar might have asthema on your BG Chart.

One of my guys has severe asthema for many years now.. Finally got him off the Pretnisolone and just using Terbutaline

You should look into transdermals .. You just rub the gel in there ears. Much lest stressful then inhalers.

My Cat was on Pretnisolone (trans-dermal) forever along with occasional long lasting shots of Depomedral (spelling??), and quick acting emergency shot of Dexomethazone (spelling??)
    (Which along with the dry food he ate so much of probably caused his diabetic problems he has now)

Recently we just weened him off the pret and now I just use Terbutaline trans-dermal.
    Anyway, just thought maybe I could help you look into another option for the Asethma.

7. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info about other meds for asthma. The reason Oscar is on inhaler treatments and not the shots/transdermal/pilled steroids is because flovent is the only non-systemic steroid that will treat the asthma effectively and not effect his diabetes. He is a steroid induced diabetic, so we have to be ultra careful. He was not put on prednisone at all during his treatments, and we are just now able to get him completely under control with the flovent because it has built up enough in his lungs to be at full effectiveness. Bronchidilators are very useful in bringing down the inflamation, but they do not prevent it and do not prevent an attack. If you are still having to worry about giving emergency shots on occasion, then the inflammation might not be as controlled as you think. There is a great asthma yahoo group called Feline Asthma Relief that I am a part of. We'd love to have you join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.