Freeze dried food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anne Biddle, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

Truffles has been off insulin for 15 days now. However his bg has started to raise overnight and then continues to drop during the day. I was thinking about leaving a small bowl of freeze dried food out overnight. Any thoughts?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It should be fine....one way to know for sure though....try it and see how her numbers react!

Anne Biddle likes this.
  3. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

Is all freeze dried low carb? Looking at Only natural

4. Chris & China (GA)

check the ingredients…..most of the freeze dried we recommend will have ONLY a protein source as an ingredient....no flour, wheat, oats, soy, veggies, fruits, sugars, other garbage

5. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

This is the one I’ve bought. It does have veggies and apples! BE6F6784-5BD0-4481-B91D-F28CFCD53E42.jpeg

6. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

Ok so Chewy, who are amazing, are going to refund me for this food (even though they can’t cancel it) and I’ve ordered a different one with no fruit or veggies. I’ll use this for my foster mom.

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

It also has sweet potato. What brand is it?

Vital Essentials has dehydrated freeze dried raw in kibble and patties. I leave the kibble out for my civvie. Its available on chewy.

8. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

I’ve ordered some from feline natural now. No added “stuff” I could see! The other one was Only Natural

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  9. Chris & China (GA)

yeah, Chewy is great!! They'll always tell you to just donate it and let you get something else!!

Checking the ingredients is one of the easiest ways to stay out of trouble.....cats need protein, vitamins and minerals....and water

10. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

I’ll be giving it to my foster mummy. She’ll love it I’m sure and it’s going to a good cause !

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  11. Tiger and the squid

Tiger and the squid Member

So, I've been trying to find suitable treats for my cats, and one that I picked up (It was on sale at the store!) is this RedBarn brand
    https://www.chewy.com/redbarn-chicken-freeze-dried-cat/dp/135385

I accidentally left it on the bed one day, and came home to an empty bag. Both cats really enjoy the chicken, but don't like the whitefish. The chicken has spinach and apple added to it, while the whitefish is just the fish. I also picked up some turkey they had, which has sweet potato and ginger. Should I stop giving these treats?

12. Squeakycats

Squeakycats Member

The "Primal Freeze-Dried Nuggets" are a big hit with my cat; I crumble some up and leave it out (without rehydrating) as a snack during the day when I'm gone and overnight, then rehydrate it or use other wet food for main meals.

13. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

I notice that has berries in it?

14. Squeakycats

Squeakycats Member

But a tiny amount, I think. I actually wrote to the company to get their carb calculation, and they said 2.2% for the venison (which is the one I use most).

I wish the Dr. Elsey's people would make something that doesn't contain chicken! My diabetic did ok with the Young Again L.I.D., but the non-diabetic gobbled it up and gained a bunch of weight.

15. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

The food I bought first has v low carbs but I’m guessing the fruits and veg raise the sugar content

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.