Friday Five: Music

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

We're back from outer space this week, kids! :D

1. What band/singer from the past would you like to see perform today, if time travel were possible?
    2. What singers, alive or dead, would you like to see do a duet?
    3. What band/singer do you feel that you should like but just can't?
    4. What's the weirdest band name you've ever heard of?
    5. If you could be a rock star, in which genre would you perform?

2. Sarah and Buzz

1. Pink Floyd, although I actually might see the Roger Waters The Wall tour this fall. Seeing the Beatles in their heyday would be pretty cool, too, or maybe Simon and Garfunkel.
    2. Eminem and Syd Barrett. I think it would be fascinating but it has a high likelihood of being terrible, which would be really disappointing.
    3. Eric Clapton. I won't deny that he's immeasurably talented, but I just can't get into him AT ALL.
    4. Squirrel Nut Zippers.
    5. Definitely the "girl-with-acoustic-guitar" genre, whatever that is. Pop, but think more like Jewel than Gwen Stefani.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

1. What band/singer from the past would you like to see perform today, if time travel were possible?
    It would be cool to see a classical great - Beethoven maybe.

2. What singers, alive or dead, would you like to see do a duet?
    LOL, hard to pick. How about Freddie Mercury (Queen) and Alicia Keys?

3. What band/singer do you feel that you should like but just can't?
    Sting. I used to be in love teenager-style until I saw him in concert in college and it was a huge letdown. Ever since then, I'm just not at all interested. But maybe his music is good...

4. What's the weirdest band name you've ever heard of?
    Wow, there are so many, hard to pick just one. How about the one someone here suggested a while back, the ProZinkers? :lol:

5. If you could be a rock star, in which genre would you perform?
    I would want to be sort of singer-songwritery (I realize that's not really a genre) sort-of Sheryl Crow-ish. With maybe a little more folk thrown in. I'd want to be good at acoustic guitar, as well as a really good singer.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Sarah, we must be twins. We can do a girl-with-guitar duet someday!!! I've taken to answering the FF before I read anyone else's answers, so I won't be influenced. Just so you know I didn't copy your ideas. ;-) (I was seconds away from the Beatles or Simon & Garf on #1, but then decided to expande my choices.)

Your #4 is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Sarah and Buzz

I thought that was cool that we both had the same #5. :smile: We can definitely do a girl with guitar duet, as soon as I learn how to sing and play the guitar. :lol:

I've never actually listened to the SNZ; I wonder if they're any good. Something for me to sample on iTunes, I guess. I bet Freddie Mercury and Alicia Keys would make a fantastic duet, good pick! :smile:

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Once you learn... can ya' teach me too? :lol:

7. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I loved most of Joanna's ideas.

1. Mozart- after seeing the movie Amadaus I realize classical was the hard rock of it's day.

2. LOVED the Alicia Keys/Freddie Murcury combo.

3. Again with Joanna, Sting. can't do him much, liked the Police tho'

4. When you think about it we are all so accustomed to the name but who ever thought a word like "beatles" would sound cool? ick. could have been called 'the rodents'. LOL how about 'bare naked ladies' for a mens groups.

5. OH I'd be like Melissa Etheridge or Janice Joplin. Just Rockin the stage!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gator what does that mean 'shut down' for mj and bubbles? kicked off????

10. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Lori, did you click on the link to the profile?

Gator, I still got lost though, b/c I couldn't find any posts on the old board, and Bubbles isn't a cat, right? So is it an honorary/homage account, or was he really a member of the board? Is Bubbles diabetic?

I've known for a long-time I'm not cool-enough to understand Gator-speak :oops: but since Lori brought it up, I don't feel like such a doofus asking some questions ... :lol:

And yeah, the Police were awesome...

11. Sarah and Buzz

The Police are hit or miss for me. I love a couple songs, and I really hate some others.

We might have to wait awhile to solve the mystery of Bubbles; I think Gator's still on the road. We could make up a story about why "MJ and Bubbles" would have been banned from the old board, though. Maybe he was a troll and was always posting weird stuff about chimps and making fun of diabetic cats. Or maybe it actually WAS Michael Jackson and so many people were PMing him that it was clogging up the board. Or maybe it was actually Bubbles, and we all know chimpanzees can't type worth a darn, so the messages never made any sense.

Ok, I need a life. :shock:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.