Friskies Taste Test Results chez Joey

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RuthV, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuthV

RuthV Member

Not very scientific but.....
    I opened a can of Turkey and Giblets, the old pate and also one marked Special Formula ( I haven't yet figured out what the difference is). One smelled fishier to me. One IS lighter in color too. Anyhoo, put an equal portion in two separate dishes, plunked them down for Joey at the same moment, and he went for one, and before finishing, some of the other.. Both are now gone - I guess he's not noticing any difference or is just a chowhound.

I am not sure if they've changed the pate's formula tho.

2. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I just bought Tabby some of the Special diet one to see if he eats it. I also bought special diet ones for my other cats that haven't been eating some other flavor of Friskies. Tabby won't get his new variety until morning. He eats Turkey and Giblets in the am and Poultry Platter in the pm. He has been eating that way for years and loves it. My civies are chowing down the special diet flavors right now. More than I have seen them eat in awhile. I will have to buy more.

3. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Friskies Special Diet has always been around. Usually only seen at Petsmart, Petco...not at grocery stores.

It is lower phosphorous and lower sodium, and is for kitties that get crystals in their urine.

It is also useful for kitties with CRF.

BUT....I tried some for Pauline (CRF) and she won't eat it.

The 'regular' flavors of Friskies should still be available.

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

It's also good for kitties with kidney disease as supposedly lower phosphorus is important.

5. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

CRF = Chronic Renal Failure - Kidney Disease.

But you have to get them to eat it.

No go with Pauline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.