Full Harvest Moon Party tonight! All invited!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Sep 13, 2019.

1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Kitties All--

Let's gather together, sugars and civvies, for the Full Harvest Moon! This is Friday the 13th, so it is purrticularly auspicious. Of course there will be traditional favorites as purrpared by my mentor, Rusty, and the Kitchen Krews of yore at Harvest Moons past:
    Appetizers: Adirondack Moonbrews; Shine-on Niptinis; Bog Clams on the Half-moonshell; Chestnut Dip on Nip Crackers; Apple Fritters; Assorted Paw Prints Pizzas; Sushi Bar featuring the specialties of Sushi Chef Tux.
    Entrees: Mouse-Harvest Bonanza Stew; Grilled Lake Trout with Rosemary; Wild-Turkey Burgers with Celeriac Fries; Roasted Grouse; Chef Mannie’s Renowned Poached PNW Sockeye Salmon with Catnip Mayo; Chef Rusty’s Thunderin’ Bison Chili with Moon Salsa.
    Salads: Butthead’s & Donny’s Adirondack Field Greens and Arugula with Wild-Clover Garnish; Indian Lake Slaw.
    Desserts: Moon Pies; Apple Crisp à la Chief Pastry Chef Tess; Maggie’s Signature Cheesecakes with Adirondack Blueberries; Tobey’s Cimmamum Cookies; Surprise dessert à la Dessert Chef Sootie; Chef Stu’s World Famous Catmint Parfaits.
    Newer traditions include Leo's Chunky Tuna and Salmon Ice Cream with Sardine Sprinkles; Chef Felix's Sweet and Savory Crunchy Crouton Toppers; Olive's Shoelaceghetti with a side of pickles; TinySolé's sister Cookie's cod brownies filled with catnip; PussCatDusty's crispy birds feet served on baked catnip wafers (mmmmm, crunchy!) as well as her sweet and sour skink tail vol-au-vents & freeze dried plain yoghurt balls; Chef Felix's Mediterranean platter with crunchy falafel, mewli-tabouli (with catnip instead of parsley), and smoked papurrika hummouse; Chieflet Luna's Longtail Surprise à la Rosa and Regan. You'll find Bella's Catinis at the Tiki Hut.

The Taster Blankets are where to go for kitties who are grieving and for kitties who are too unwell for dancing and feasting, but we hope we can coax you to have a taste. They're a little away from the dancing and whooping-it-up, but there's a good view for the Circle of Remembrance, when the veil thins between us and our beloved GAs at the Rainbow Bridge and we can purrceive them partying with us. Greeter Olive will welcome you, Taster-Kitchen Liaison Roxi will make sure every taste is superb, and Taster Blanket Coordinator Idjit will make you so comfy that you'll be purring all night!

Chieflet Luna is doing great supervising the Kitchen--so great that I'll be able to get away for a dance or two.:oops:

Party down with your purring selves,
    Chef Felix
    keep-calm-and-nibble-croutons.png

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Idjit is so excited, he's back in the closet digging for appropriate dancing shoes! I wish he would stop tossing everything into the back of the closet after every pawty! What a guy!

He sez: All the kitties on the taster blankets will be lovingly attended to, it's getting a little chilly at night now, so there will be lots of warm soft fuzzy blankets to go around, and a hug if anybody needs one.

He's looking forward to the Circle of Remembrance and offering my love and greetings to the old friends and new arrivals across the bridge, along with his. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

The menu sounds yuimmy. I'm on my way.

4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Oh Susan and Felix, we are so excited to come to our second Full Harvest moon party!!! Tina is cleaning herself up right this minute, paws as white as can be, ready for a par-tee:cat: She's not nearly as shy as last time, and feels up to a bit of dancing with a stronger leader, but she's all in for some cozy relaxin' too.
    We are thoroughly amazed at this glorious monthly affair. The circle of remembrance is so special too.
    Thank you Chef Felix for all of this ---- running now with 5 civvies in tow . . .

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Finally some real food!:) Ti-Mousse is all excited, he's looking for his best looking party outfit!
    Tina, get ready we're gonna have fun; all our friends are coming! Let's party tonight, diet TOMORROW! :joyful:

6. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

I'm whipping up several batches of longtail surprise and helping to make sure everyone is coordinated to get the food out on time. Roxi has her notebook ready so she can make sure we know about any suggestions or requests too. And the kittens are warming up ready to dance and entertain the taster blanket kitties. I'm loving our menu. It's such fun to prepare as well as being delicious. Enjoy your dancing chief Felix - you deserve some time off to relax and enjoy the party. All the Krew will take a short break and join you for the Circle later on so we can see our dear GAs. I'm looking forward to telling Rosa and Regan all about the fun I'm having making their special dish. ~Luna

7. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

How we all love this time of night as we gather around and the ground rumbles with our purrs! After the awe of seeing our GAs at the Bridge, I'm going to see if I can find Nelli and ask her if she will slow dance with me.

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

The menu sounds so good that I think I’d like to chaperone Tobey’s and Livia’s trip to the party!

We been baking cimmamum cookies all day long for all the kitties. We can’t wait to try everything....especially Livia cuz she loves to eat!

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Ah ha! I knew she was up to something! I guess I checked out too early last night to know about the pawty...obviously Luci was quite in tune. She was having a rollicking good time - kept DH up half the night with her shark teasing antics! Now I know why she's so tired...:facepalm: or maybe that's me?

So glad they were all able to pawty down hard last night... :)

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Gus had a great time at the party. His mamabean's calendar has the full moon tonight (the 14th!). Anyway, Gus has a haircut so he was able to dance more nimbly (he had to lose his magnificent long coat because of mats; he shed 3/4 of a lb. of hair!!!; it's growing back already, after less than a week).
    Chef Felix: you are doing a great job. I love all the new fuds and the new activities. That's how our great L&LL tradition evolves. Hope you are enjoying the post-party feast. The moon last night here in the Adirondacks was brilliant. I'm sure that the Circle of Remembrance was a beautiful experience for all the kitties.

Auntie Ella

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Technically you’re correct... 12:33 am 9/14/2019...
    But the kitties of course started partying at sunset I think...

Luci’s not talking now... too pooped out.. poor thing:smuggrin: