fur shot

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by kittymomma_of3, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittymomma_of3

kittymomma_of3 Member

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Post from Health

Hi again Yolanda!

Glad to see you move over here! You'll get the most experienced eyes here and as I said in your post in Health, you'll learn a lot by reading other people's condo's too.

When you post here each day, put the link to your prior day's condo (that's what we call the posts...condo's...condition reports) so it's easy for people to go back and quickly see what's been going on with Whiskers and what advice you've already been given.

As I said in the other post, you're not doing anything wrong. It's just going to take some time!

From the other post:

3. kittymomma_of3

kittymomma_of3 Member

thank you ! i know i didnt do fur shot today and his levels keep going up :(

4. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Hi yolanda

Just popping in to say hi. You are doing fine. It takes a while to see what effect a dose will have so don't panic just yet. I see some movement with the numbers so I do think that the dose is doing something.

When are today's tests taken in relation to his food intake? Food will affect blood glucose for a couple of hours.

5. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

According to your spreadsheet the most shots you've given in a row is four and a couple of those may have been fur shots. Since lantus is a depot insulin you're probably not seeing the full effects of what this dose can do. I wouldn't consider upping the dose just yet.

To check for fur shot - after you have drawn the dose get the excess insulin off the top of the syringe and the needle using a tissue, after you have shot (remembering to leave the needle in for a few seconds after the shoot), smell the spot (lantus has a very strong smell) and brush over the spot to check for dampness. When I started I was just doing the smell and feel part and I thought I was giving Vyktor fur shots all the time. I wasn't, it was just the excess insulin on the outside of the syringe that I was smelling and feeling :rolleyes:

Welcome to lantus/levemir land :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.