Fuzz lost a tooth

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fuzzsmom, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzsmom

Fuzzsmom New Member

Hi all, just checking in, fuzz is doing well numbers wise and overall appearance and weight, eating and drinking like normal and using the box normal, no ketones since our last battle with them a few years ago. Saturday morning though i found one of his teeth on the floor, the root part was all full of holes and rotted looking, he is in no pain, let me look at his mouth and no bleeding or anything but i was just concerned. i know he needs his teeth cleaned, we have tried brushing them but haven't been too good at it. a couple of other teeth look a little shaky too. should i be really worried or is this a normal thing

2. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

I've never seen a cat lose a tooth like that.. I think that if things are rotten enough that a tooth can just fall out, it's time for Fuzz to go to the dentist.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

4. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

we just took mocha in for a dental. We thought she had a dead tooth up front. One of those really really tiny ones in between the canines. Well, once she was actually in the vet, the vet called us and told us that mocha needed 8 teeth pulled out, due to the FORL's, and what we thought was a dead tooth, was actually a hole where the tiny tooth had fallen out. When I asked how it would just fall out, the vet told me most likely it had a FORL on it (a lesion) that caused it to fall out.

5. Fuzzsmom

Fuzzsmom New Member

So do you think he definitely needs a cleaning and extractions? i don't know if i can afford it, they said just a cleaning would be like 500.

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Ask your vet about the need for a dental. Most cats will allow a vet to look into their mouth to get a good idea if a dental is called for. It is very hard to look into Fuzz's mount from here.

7. Lisa + Frankie

Lisa + Frankie Member

Please do try to get him in for a dental check, because for older sugarcats the infection that often accompanies this situation can lead to larger, more scary problems. You would be surprised how often we've seen here how chronic dental problems are mistaken for "he's really getting old all of a sudden".

8. Fuzzsmom

Fuzzsmom New Member

LOL thanks, I have to get him in for a check up anyway so i'll have them look then. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.