Garfie Aug 17 pmps 282 +1 287, +2.5 297, +3 394, +4 417

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca.garfie, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Have you decided on what dosing approach you want to use with Garfie? You are certainly testing enough to use Tight Regulation.

Part of why I'm asking is that you are reducing the dose when your pre-shot number is below 150. While that's consistent with SLGS, even with that approach, there's no reason to not shoot lower numbers. It's likely that shooting lower numbers will help to flatten out Garfie's curve. Every time you give a reduced dose, it has an effect on the depot and you're playing catch-up for a few days.

Generally, when you make a dose change, the depot needs up to 6 cycles to stablize. Since you shaved the dose due to a low AMPS yesterday, you need a few cycles to see where this dose actually takes Garfie's numbers. I'm thinking that if you could shoot 0.25u consistently, you'd be seeing a lot more blue. I don't think the issue is whether to raise the dose. I think you need a run of at least 3 days where the dose is consistent before you can decide whether to increase.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  3. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

I usually try to stay at .25 but if he's low and I have to go to work I give him .10 little better then nothing. I have to get myself used to shooting low numbers this is all new and not sure on shooting low numbers. I am doing slgs. I usually test more at night cause sometimes I can't get away from work to run and do a test. Will keep him where he's at and make myself shoot lower numbers yes I have a hypo kit. Just a paranoid mommy.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Beth 73 likes this.
  4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

You are a good momma , Rebecca :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Let's hope that Gracie decides to give you a chance to practice with lower pre-shots on a weekend or an evening when you can monitor!

6. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Garfie better or else I did kinda do 1 the other night but then I checked him all through out the night.more I do it the better I will be

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

(Sorry about the name blip. Autocorrect clearly had a problem with Garfie and I didn't catch it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.