? Garfie bloodwork have question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca.garfie, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

You need to fix the SS............in the World sheet your numbers are not complete as to the time (+ ?) and if you go to the US sheet you need to fill in the numbers manually and colour code them. I believe someone posted how to do this in a previous post, and you have done it at times, but not with each half time entry.

3. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Will update that tonight.

4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

5. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I use Azodyl and would recommend it if suggested based on kidney values. Sorry, but I don't see latest labs in the SS.

Azodyl is a probiotic, so in many ways it is natural. The only problems I have with it are: 1) Must be kept in fridge. 2) Must be given whole (do not break capsule). 3) Dose is by weight, so I think your Garfie would need 3 caps / day.

I have been giving this to my Rose for a few months (2x / day). Over this time, she has thrown it up twice. I don't know if it was the Azodyl that made her throw up or my poor pilling skills. In any case, I would recommend use of a pill popper to make it easier on you and Garfie. Since the capsule must remain whole to be effective, you don't want it (or your fingers) to be bitten. Rose only has 3 teeth and has bitten the capsule once. :facepalm:

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I will br happy to look at his labs when you post them. I’ve used Azodyl and found it to be too pricey for what it didn’t do. It’s just a probiotic so you could add any human probiotic and get the same effect.

I’ll give you some thoughts of things that might be more helpful once you post his labs.

7. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

I posted his labs on the ss under labs. Gonna cost about 70.00 per month for these pills under Aug 15 date would plain yogurt do the same thing he loves it

8. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

I have used milk whistle before to heal his organs and it worked. I read up on it and it says it's ok to give to diabetic cats it's all natural. Let me know what you think. Was gonna start him tomorrow night

9. Marje and Gracie

Yogurt will not do the same but a human probiotic can help. I use Renew Life.

Milk thistle can help the liver but not kidneys.

10. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Ok I will have to try that he is 13.7 pounds vet weighed him when we went for bloodwork so how much for his weight. Renewlife is it pill please don't let it be a pill. He's not a good boy for pills unless I crush and put in food. Guess I would find that in drug store. Thank you so much for helping my boy

11. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Bio-K is a GREAT probiotic- “wet” (not pill) . A brand not readily available in my area- is so at Whole Foods if you have one somewhere in your ‘hood :).
    Otherwise, I’d call first b4 you set sail.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  12. Krystina & Nelli

Ps...maybe need not say- Bio-K is a (amazing!) Probiotic :)

13. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Nope all we have is a Wal-Mart and shoppers drug mart and a grocery store.

14. Krystina & Nelli

Seriously... check around. I am a huge personal probiotic fan and this is a liquid which is leaps and bounds better than any other probiotic over the years I’ve run into :). Good luck! Please let me know if you have any success finding this – where are you located?

15. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Fort Erie ontario canada

16. Krystina & Nelli

I’d be hApPy to send you two :) if you can’t locate locally.

17. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Where do you live

18. Krystina & Nelli

Nelli and I are winding down- hitting the rack now. I will be back “ on forum” roun 7a EST.

19. Krystina & Nelli

I am in FL USA

20. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Ok I will look here and I will let you know thanks for the help

21. Krystina & Nelli

22. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Did you have any side effects. I'm trying to eliminate the proteins in his kidneys

23. Marje and Gracie

It’s a capsule that you can open and mix in food. It must be tasteless because my cats eat it. You can also open it, mix it with baby food, and let him eat it or syringe it.

24. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

I got renew life today not capsule they only had tablets says do not crush or chew give on empty stomachs I'm afraid he will choke on the whole thing might have to split in half. Box say's regular strength says 2 billion so if he's 13.7 pds would I use 1 tablet per day any suggestions would be helpful and thank you

25. Marje and Gracie

I’m not familiar with the tablets so I wouldn’t want to give you advice. If it says don’t crush or chew, I wouldn’t. Also, 2b is really really low. My cats get 15b/day and they are healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.