Garfie Sept 18 pmps 86, +1 92, +3 82, +4 89, +6 105, +8 115, +10 104 +11.5 132

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca.garfie, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Garfie must've given you a bit of shock yesterday with numbers in the 30's glad you took the reduction.

I'm a little confused, on your signature it says slgs, but when I look at the ss it seems as you are following TR.

I say this because you've not taken reductions when he's dropped below 90 and you've been shooting below 90. On slgs you would take a reduction when you saw him drop below 90 and your no shoot number would usually be 90.

On TR the reduction point is 50 and you would eventually learn to shoot anything above 50.
    You certainly test enough for TR and as long as Garfie is on a LC wet diet there should be no problem with you following TR.

There's no problem if you now feel you want to do TR many start on slgs and swap to tr when they are more comfortable with testing etc. It just helps us to know which you are following as advice we give would be different depending on your preference.

Good job catching and managing that low.

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Rebecca, Garfie is doing great and I’d give him 1tsp HC food now to bring him up over 50. Test again in 15 min and repeats if he’s dropping. You can stall the dose a bit to give you time to test and get his numbers higher so that you can shoot. You’re home all night and prepared so hopefully he’ll come back up soon.

You can change your signature to read TR, since you’ve basically been following that

4. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Thanks for the help I am now following tr. I gave 1 tsp hc food got his numbers up

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just another nag..

When you stack numbers in a cell on the world side of the SS, you need to manually enter the values on the US side. If you take a look, there's an error message on the US side.

You may need to delay your PM shot. If you fed HC at +11, we'll need to see if the numbers are holding at PMPS. You don't want to shoot a dropping number.

6. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Thanks I have switched to tr now. I gave him some hc food at +11 due to low numbers he has now come back up

Gill & George likes this.
  7. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Yes I just haven't gotten to do it yet lots going on but I will I promise. He is up to 86 at his pmps time so shot full dose of .50 will be here to watch

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just keep in mind that you may be seeing a food spike. Please test early and often.

9. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Will do I have all night like usual