? Garfield 4/7 amps 542

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cassandra & Garfield, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Cassandra & Garfield

Cassandra & Garfield Member

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I think your readings on 4/5 were from the .75 dose. Refresh my memory wasn't the .25 going to be for draining depot then give .5?

Cassandra & Garfield likes this.
  3. Cassandra & Garfield

I thought maybe even the 0.50 was too much. Obviously I was quite wrong :(

Tested for ketones, was negative. :)

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Glad you went back to 0.5 units. He did bounce sky high, but that's a good thing, his defence mechanisms are working. Otherwise it'd mean his body is used to the 20's. :eek:

5. Cassandra & Garfield

Don't the bounces mean he is NOWHERE near remission? Haha

I sort of had a teensy tiny glimmer of hope that maybe we were heading in that direction haha.

Id be happy just with those beautiful blues and greens he was having the other day.
    Hopefully I didn't mess everything up by not only doing 0.25 once.

6. Wendy&Neko

Bounces just mean he isn't used to those numbers, or dropped fast. I've seen cats bounce practically into remission, and some just bounce forever.

Remember, those blues and greens of regulation should be the first goal.

7. Cassandra & Garfield

I was super happy with his numbers, aside from those under 40 :( thank you! :) Im hoping I didn't mess everything up and that he can go back to those nice numbers :)

8. Cassandra & Garfield

Im getting soooo discouraged with his eating :'( because of the amoxicillin he is feeling nauseous, but I think he is being super picky on top of that. Im waisting SO much food because ill open one can, he will eat 1/4, then next morning wants nothing to do with that flavor. I just bought a 100$ worth of weruva bff plays because thats whats best for his diabetes and ckd, he ate a bit yesterday and now this morning doesn't even want it with forti flora on top. Maybe he doesn't like it cold, but then I warm in up and he still doesn't want any :'( :-(

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  9. Cassandra & Garfield

Should I already be going back up to 0.75? Or do I wait another day? Thanks

10. Wendy&Neko

Wait the full six cycles (at least) on this dose, then decide. The 0.25 unit cycles really depleted the depot. I also don't see any tests the last two nights past PMPS. Who knows what is happening then?

11. Cassandra & Garfield

I wanted to give him a bit of a break to him and his poor ears. Will get a +4 tonight :)

12. Cassandra & Garfield

So because Garfield has not been eating as much, I know he shouldn't eat 2 hours before testing, but recently he has been eating a few bites around the 1-1.5 hour before testing mark. Is that ok? I just cant see myself taking away food from him, since he hasn't even been eating at his injection time. He always has access to food, seems to prefer at that awkward time where he technically shouldnt be eating hahaha

Also I know the limit for low carb is 10, if he continues to eat less can I add some fancy feast gravy one of them is 12% carbs, is that a big enough difference? Like a spoonful on his normal meal as a topper maybe?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020