? Garfield lantus

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cassandra & Garfield, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassandra & Garfield

Cassandra & Garfield Member

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like 2U might be too much with the diet change, but 171 is a shootable number.

Do you have plenty of supplies like testing strips, high carb gravy food, corn syrup, honey or syrup? Can you test as much as necessary tonight?

Just FYI....there's something about the spreadsheet you're currently using that is causing it not to work for those of us in the US. It would be great if you could use our version instead of the Facebook groups so it would work (or at least we'd know how to fix it)

Since you don't have much data yet, now would be the time to change so you wouldn't have to try to move a lot of numbers from one to another spreadsheet.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Next time you get a Pre-shot you're not sure about, DON'T feed....test again in about 20-30 minutes.

If you're not able to commit to being up all night (if necessary) it's probably better to go ahead and reduce since we really don't have much data on how he's going to do now that the kibble is out of his diet.

How do you feel about shooting 1.5U?

4. Chris & China (GA)

I see you shot 1.5U

I'd still plan on getting at least a +2 tonight to see what's going on. Hopefully he'll have a nice safe cycle, but the +2 can sometimes act a little like a crystal ball to predict what's going to happen later in the cycle.

5. Cassandra & Garfield

Thank you chris! Ill post is +2 to see if maybe its an indicator of what may happen!

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  6. Chris & China (GA)

It'll also help us to help you if you'll fill out your "Signature" (the grey words you see under my comments)

To do that just go to your sign on name at the top right of the page. There's a drop down menu for you to choose "Signature"

A new box will open for you to put information like:

Your name/cat's name, age, sex, date of diagnosis, type of insulin, type of meter, type of food, any other health issues or medications? and a general location

When you have your spreadsheet link for the new one, you'd put it in your Signature too. That way any time you post here, all the information is right there for us to see.

7. Cassandra & Garfield

Perfect I think I filed it out right! :) I will be filling out the right spreadsheet shortly

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  8. Chris & China (GA)

Yup....Purrfect!!

9. Cassandra & Garfield

Garfield went up to 12.9 still sticking with the 1.5 Tomorrow morning? Thanks

10. Chris & China (GA)

You need to change the permission on your spreadsheet to "anybody with the link can view"

Go to the top right where it says "Share" …..a new box will open....at the bottom right, it says "advanced"....then you'll see the choices.

Yes, I think I'd stick with the 1.5 for at least 6 cycles so we can get a stable depot and really see what's going on with Garfield. (unless he drops below 50 (2.7) at any time )

11. Cassandra & Garfield

Can you please tell me if it worked? Thank you

12. Chris & China (GA)

13. Cassandra & Garfield

Its simpler to just leave it in US numbers I guess :p when I copied the template it doesnt seem to have copied the world to us converting option.

14. Chris & China (GA)

It looks like you just used the wrong template. I'd be happy to do it for you (I think this is about the 10th time I've offered….LOL)

It's fine if you want to use that one but I know you're also in a Swedish group and they might appreciate the World numbers. Totally up to you!

15. Cassandra & Garfield

I just feel so bad taking up all your time. Ill take you up on your offer because the us/world conversion seems to disappear as soon as I click on make a copy. Also as soon as I tried to write something in a cell a code appeared in red. Help

16. Chris & China (GA)

Sent you a PM...look in your "inbox" here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.