Gary is now diabetic

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AndyMVandy, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyMVandy

AndyMVandy New Member

Hi, my name is Andrea. I turned 38 on Wednesday.....my cat, Gary was diagnosed as a diabetic Tuesday(no sympathy please-my life always goes this way and I'm sure I'm not alone).
    Gary and I have had a tough year. In January, after being severely ill, my "Gare-bear" was diagnosed with hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver because he stopped eating). After 6 weeks of force feeding, he got better! His appetite for everything was insatiable-his water consumption /box use almost made me broke! We were so thrilled he was eating, energized and back to his mean jerky self----then came the news...
    Our vet has been thorough and Gary stated his Lantus yesterday. My energy is up since I haven't had to clean his box out 9 times today!
    I'm not necessarily looking for pointers just yet, but the support aspect of this chat room sounded just right for me at this time. Thank You

allison and Bubbles likes this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! Diabetes is very treatable and your cat can live a long healthy life with it. We are here if you need us. :)

4. allison and Bubbles

allison and Bubbles Member

welcome! this forum is full of lots of info...some of which it seems even vets arent always clear about or able to explain...so its great you found these folks...if you have an emergency sort of question I was told to put a question mark before your question to indicate you require immediate attention ...so glad you came here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.