Gave wrong unit dose all week...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Angie & Millhouse, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angie & Millhouse

Angie & Millhouse Member

I don't know what I did or how, but I'm 95% sure what I thought was an increase from 2u to 2.5u was actually 1.5u. I pulled the syringes on Sunday for week and tonight as I was getting ready to give his shot, I thought it looked low. Sure enough, 1.5u. Looking at his numbers for the week kind of make sense, now. So, I panicked and pulled 2.5u and shot and now I'm REALLY panicked, because I realize I probably just bumped him one whole unit.

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

You'll need to test every couple of hours thru the night to be sure he stays safe. If he drops too low, have your hypo kit stuff out and ready. (Karo/honey, high carb food, med carb food).

Prefilling syringes with Lantus isn't really a good idea. Lantus is acid based and reacts with the lubrication in the syringes....figure no one's told you that yet.

3. Angie & Millhouse

Angie & Millhouse Member

That is the first time I've heard that. Well, this is turning out to be a very bad day.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

There's so much to learn!

Hopefully Millhouse will do just fine tonight. At least you know how to test so you'll be able to keep him safe if necessary

5. Angie & Millhouse

Angie & Millhouse Member

Without being 100%, do you think I should change his spreadsheet?

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

How about putting 2.5/1.5? into the U cells and then explain over in the Remarks?

7. Molly and Sammy

Molly and Sammy Member

Lesson learned, now let's hope kitty gets through today well and you can move forward knowing better! I

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.