general curve question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen & Rudy, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen & Rudy

Karen & Rudy Member

If the numbers are relatively flat is that a bad thing? Should it really go down for nadir and how much? I remember reading something about 50%? If he is eating all day long would that make numbers flat with out much of a curve? I know my kitty is still too high in numbers, but not sure if him staying consistent though out the day is a bad thing or not....

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

The glucose should go down for a nadir.
    Target is to get below the renal threshold of about 240 mg/dL for much of the 12 hour period.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I high flat curve like your is either indicative of:
    - Too much insulin
    - Not enough insulin/not right kind of insulin

4. Karen & Rudy

Karen & Rudy Member

Thank you! Thinking of slowly increasing a little bit more. If that doesn't work, we may need a new type of insulin I guess.

5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Your 3 unit cycle looked like a little too much as your pmps was 165, a little too low to shoot. But your 2 units looks like too little. If he were mine, I would try 2.25 for 3 cycles, catching a pre shot always and a nadir often. If he is dropping a little but still not where you want him, then increase to 2.5 for a few cycles, monitoring carefully. We generally consider a cat regulated if they are in the lower 200s at pre shot and in double digits at nadir, but not below 50.

Karen & Rudy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.