Genultimate BG Test Strips for One Touch Ultra Meters

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by StefO, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StefO

StefO Member

I was given test strips early in Garth's diagnosis, so I just had to buy my first box after 5 months. After spending $69 at Target for 50 test strips, I had to reconsider my testing options. Between food, litter, pee pads, Garth's livelihood is very expensive!

I was happy to find Genultimate test strips on Amazon! I got 150 strips/100 lancets for $25. The strip is a bit smaller ( I think) so I have had less error messages when there isn't enough blood. It sure did suck having to waste a strip when that would happen. These strips are good for the OneTouch Ultra. Ultra 2, and UltraMini.

Sorry if this is a repost!

Critter Mom and shelaghc like this.
  2. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

Glad to read this! My OneTouch was a gift from my niece - the same kind she uses for her own personal diabetes testing - and I've been feeling lousy because I can't afford the test strips.

Can you use them directly out of the box, so to speak? Or is there some kind of recalibration necessary?

This is such great news as I just ordered a batch of these strips hoping they'd work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.