glucose dropped after dental

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by majandra, Nov 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Rhubarb's numbers were in the green the day after her dental, then blue day after, and now worse than before. She had been fasting since 10pm before going to vet. She had a tiny bit of food in water in evening after she came home and was not loopy. She had a few very small meals the day after, then back to more normal day after that (as per vet instruction).

She had no insulin at the vet, so why did her numbers drop? The fasting? Why would they be worse now? Extended bounce or something?
    I just want your guy's opinion before so I have some more info going into vets this week.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Fasting could contribute, but a lot of anesthesia's also can make the BG drop.

Pain and inflammation can cause higher numbers......she may still be sore from the dental (did they give you anything for pain at home?)

majandra likes this.
  3. majandra

She had a couple days pain meds after, but no more after that. It will be two weeks Tuesday since dental, hope there wasnt complications :/

4. majandra

Thank you, I didn't know anesthesia could affect blood sugar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.