glucose testing from paws- cat wont co-operate

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LindanHuey, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindanHuey

LindanHuey Member

One week into diagnosis. Just got the test kit. Kitty refuses to sit still before his breakfast. He wiggles and jiggles and folds his ears flat to his head. After he has eaten ( mince only) he is quieter. Would it alter the results too much if I feed him, immediately test, then administer the insulin? Or do the test from his paw pad or a shaved patch on his leg?

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! You can test immediately after feeding. I had the same trouble with my cat in the beginning but gradually was able to test first thing before eating. Please come to the Main health forum where you’ll get more answers to any questions you have. Hope to see you there!

ETA Oops, forgot this

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Hello and welcome to the FDMB!
    I'll move your thread over to Feline Health - (The Main Forum) where your question will receive more attention. Please look for it over there. I'll also send you the new link.

Sharon14 likes this.
  4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

In addition to Sharon's comments, you may find something here to help:
    Hometesting Links and Tips (includes numerous links, instructions, pictures, & videos)

Sharon14 likes this.
  5. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

If you test immediately after feeding it should be okay. Just make sure he hasn't eaten anything else in the period leading up to testing and by "immediate" try and stay within a 10 minute window if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.