Going away..

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Zee, Apr 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zee

Zee Member

Could any London based members advise what they do if they need to go away? I have an excellent cat feeder but now with Mum newly diagnosed I’m not sure how to go about if I need to travel?

Do folk use cat sitters who inject?

Feedback much appreciated...

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Ah... the big question and a big dilemma, for sure. To be honest - many people here don't go away, either on holiday or on business trips, but of course there are times when you want to or have to. Your best bet is probably to find a cat sitter with experience of testing blood glucose and giving injections - maybe not easy to find, in which case try asking local vets if any of their nurses do a bit of moonlighting and would help you out. Failing that, a friendly neighbour who might be prepared to step in? It's quite a responsbility though so you'd need to feel confident in their abilities.

Good luck!

Zee and Bron and Sheba (GA) like this.
  4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Would your sitter be willing to learn how to test Mum? Another option is to ask the techs in you vet's office if they would be able to take care of her. Or is it possible to take her with you when you travel? There are many members that do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.