Good glucose levels the past week

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Voula, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

We have had two dose reductions and green numbers every day this past week. So now I have to get used to leaving the house when we have green numbers. :nailbiting: This is a significant positive change since we started insulin one year ago. Tomorrow I may decide to take Lucy with me when I help out my family member again as I will be out at AMPS or I could come home and then leave again or just give the morning dose a few hours late but with the great numbers this past week I don't want to do that though I may decide to do that depending on how things go that I have to do plus a medical appointment later on. Anyway this is certainly a new experience for us and a really good one but I am quite anxious about leaving the house now. I know I will get used to it though and I have done more tests this week to gain more knowledge about what is happening and what I might expect to happen though as we know anything can happen and things can change as I am seeing now. Just when I was used to our routine and knew what to expect things change. But it is a good and very welcome change and it is good even though I am anxious.
    My previous post:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/another-reduction-in-dose.147994/

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  2. Squishy's Mum Australia

Squishy's Mum Australia Member

I unfortunately have to go to work 3 days a week but spend most of the day wondering if Squishy is alive when I get home.

Voula likes this.
  3. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

How gorgeous is her spreadsheet looking :D:D:D:cool::D:D:D:cool::joyful::):cat:

And you're just gorgeous too Voula - I think my iPad has a case of anxiety just from reading your condo :woot: You've had to overcome so much anxiety to treat Lucy and you sure have stepped up to the plate :) you've got this now you've got a lot of experience and you know your cat. I know you will make the right decision for Lucy tomorrow, I just hope you don't keep yourself awake all night worrying about it ;)

julie & punkin (ga) and Voula like this.
  4. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

I so relate to how you feel Jenny. :bighug:

5. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Serryn. You have been a big part of our success and I thank you so very much. I set the alarm to get up and do a +3 test after midnight and now will get a few more hours sleep as I have to be up before the birds. I am not an early riser but I am getting used to this interrupted sleep these days. We do what we have to and I do it gladly for my Lucy as she is my world as you know. It depends in the morning what Lucy's glucose level is as to what I decide to do. Thank you again. :bighug:

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Lucy is doing awesome!

I saw this in yesterday's thread and wanted to reply:

When they suddenly "snap" into good numbers and start earning fast reductions is definitely a stressful time. You have new patterns you have to learn now, and they're not very predictable. Fortunately this phase doesn't usually last too long. Usually they'll go through several reductions, then settle into a nice predictable flat blue/green for a while. Once she's flat, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to leave the house or sleep, even when she's green, because you'll know she's flat. It's a bit of work to get to that point though, for sure. I was lucky that my Lucy did most of this during Christmas, when I could take extra vacation time.

Voula likes this.
  7. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Libby. I have been thinking of you and your Lucy a lot the past few days and I am comforted by your experience. :) I have found that as the days go by I am feeling more relaxed as my Lucy has had quite flat curves with her glucose levels and also it depends where in the cycle we are as to whether I leave the house for several hours or not at the moment. Her glucose level has been up a little overnight but still blue numbers so maybe in a few days if it continues to go up we will go back to 1.25 units but for now I will hold the dose as we have had some mid to high blue numbers and then green numbers again. Thank you again.

8. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Because I had to leave the house before AMPS today my plan was to come home about an hour after AMPS and give Lucy her insulin and then go out again. I wasn't able to do this as I had too much to do at my family member's house and then I had just enough time to rush home and feed Lucy and then go to my medical appointment. So I gave Lucy her morning insulin in the afternoon at +17 and her glucose level was only 11.2./202 and I was surprised about that considering normally it would be higher than that with such a late insulin dose. Hopefully we will get back on track soon.

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Voula - 13 days since the last pink! Lucy's looking great! and you have good instincts with her, so you'll make the right decision tomorrow.

Voula likes this.
  10. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Julie. I planned to come home an hour after AMPS but could not get home until the afternoon so Lucy had her morning insulin dose at +17 and I was very surprised and pleased at her glucose level of 11.2/202 given that her morning dose was five hours late so hopefully we will get back on track soon.

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
  11. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

We had a late dose at +17 because I couldn't get home any earlier yesterday and last night I was so exhausted that I decided to get back on schedule the easy way for me and give the next dose at +17 so today I did not expect to see a green number but there it was at +7 after two late doses. :cat::)

12. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

way to go, Lucy! :D

Voula likes this.
  13. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Julie. I felt selfish wanting to sleep all night last night but I was so exhausted and then I was going to be out at the peak insulin period and I am not used to this new pattern yet so I thought best to get back on schedule the easier and less worrying way for me and I am very relieved that Lucy's glucose levels are back on track so quickly again. I had to go out this afternoon for a while and when I saw a green number out came the higher carb with just a drop of honey to ease my anxiety though really I know it wasn't necessary with a 5.5/99 glucose level but Lucy loved it as she loves the higher carb food. :cat::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.