Goodbye my Little Blue Angel

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sunshine and BA, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine and BA

Sunshine and BA Member

I had to make the tough decision........to let Blue Angel go. Her labs showed no improvement and her neurological status remained unchanged. She progressed to where she was unable to get herself out of the litter box. I spent some time with Blue Angel at the vet's office. Her vet so very generously came in to complete Blue Angel's passing. Blue Angel was in her bed which is a 1/2 carrier draped with comfy blankets. Dr. Kathy and I sat on the floor and visited with Blue Angel. I shared memories from birth and today. I was with Blue Angel at her birth and cut her cord and placed her to her mother. Blue Angel slipped away very peacefully. Afterward, I brought her home for her littermate Sami to say, Goodbye. Sami sniffed her ear, licked and nipped at her other ear. He sat by her for a few minutes. I gave Blue Angel a bath and dried her fur. She was always a soft beautiful kitty, but illness had taken it's tow on her fur. I made an impression for a pawprint. After her bath, I placed her in a coffin like box Dr. Kathy gave. I lined it with silk linen, place Blue Angel inside. I put her laser light, her favorite catnip mouse stocking, a picture of her with her littermates Sami and Shadow, a family portrait, and a peacock feather. I sprinkled some dried rose petals from her mother's memorial flowers with her. I folded the silk lines gently over her body. On top of the blanket I placed a golden butterfly. I took her back to the vet's office. Dr. Kathy's husband will complete her cremation. We'll make arrangements for a witnessed cremation. I'll be with her until her little body becomes cremains and back in my care. My little sweetheart has fluttered away. My heart is broken this night of March 27, 2010. It is so terrible to lose a real life Angel even if that angel is a Blue Angel. I know Blue Angel was only here for a short period of time. We stilled learned a lot and I'll never be afraid of having a diabetic kitty again. Thanks!!!!
    Sadly Sunshine and Blue Angel.

2. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Sunshine and family,

I am so sorry for your loss of your Blue Angel. What a beautiful passing you gave her. You respected her and helped her along and that in its self is the most beautiful gift you can give.

You had a truly special bond with Blue Angel and she will always be in your heart. I hope the care and thoughts of friends and family will help you through this difficult time.

Sending hugs and healing thoughts,

jan and sara

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

My condolences to you with the loss of Blue Angel. I know how heartbroken you must be feeling. I can feel the loss and sadness you must be going thru, as I lost my heart kitty a year and a half ago. It had to be very hard to make the decision to let her go, but now she is free of pain and resting in peace. Her Spirit will always be close to your heart. Hugs to you.

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

BIG Tears. I am so sorry. What you did for her remains sounds beautiful.
    Fly Free Blue Angel.

5. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for Your lose of the Blue Angel!
    I can feel Your pain in the words. Shes allways be with You in the spirit and in Your heart.
    (((((hugs))))to You!

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

7. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Bless you and your little Blue Angel, I am so sorry for your loss! Know that she is free of pain now! Sending healing vines for your heart your way!!!!

8. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

I am so sorry for your loss...

9. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I know by the way you have cared for Blue Angel in her life and in her death that you loved her so very much. Blue Angel knew that too and I know that she loved you just as much back. My heart is breaking for you. Fly free little Blue Angel!!

10. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet Blue Angel.
    I am so sorry for you loss Sunshine.

11. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

so very sorry for the loss of your friend. It sounds like she had a very gentle send off to the Bridge.

Peace Blue Angel rb_icon

12. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

I'm terribly sorry about this hard decision. What you've made of it is beautiful!

Fly free sweet Blue Angel! wings_cat

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Condolences to you ....I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby...
    Fly Free Blue Angel ....be at peace!

14. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss, it is never easy to let our beloved ones go. You made a sad day beautiful, your love for your Blue Angel shines through.

15. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Fly Free Blue Angel!

16. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Oh how sorry I am to read this...so very sorry. Hugs and prayers for you...may Blue Angels greet your Blue Angel, and take her soaring through the heavens.

Best-
    Michele

17. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Crying so early today--So so SORRY for your loss--I hope when I go , someone loves me enough, to do for me, what you did for beautiful Blue Angel. The final act of love was given, and you will be with her again someday-so sorry! Love never dies...

18. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sending my deepest condolences to you. Thank you for sharing your very beautiful account of her final hours.

19. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss.

20. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

Very sorry about Blue Angel, It's so sad. Take Care of yourself.

21. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I am so sorry.
    Please be reassured that Blue Angel is now resting comfortably, shining down to protect you.
    :YMHUG:
    May you find peace in your time of loss and in the process of healing.

22. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Fly free Blue Angel.

23. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

What a lovely farewell for Blue Angel. I am so sorry for your loss, so sorry. She is free and at peace now - but I also know she will live on forever in your heart, and in your memories - never to be forgotten. Your vet is wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I had a similar experience when I lost my Corky several years ago. The compassion and caring shown by him was so heartwarming and made Corky's passing easier. I hope it is the same for you.

Take care. So very sorry for your loss. rb_icon

24. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss. Blue Angel is with her mother at the Bridge where they will patiently wait.

25. Donna & KiKi

Donna & KiKi Member

So sorry for your loss. Truly a beautiful memorial for her. My prayers and thoughts are with you :cry:

26. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I'm so sad to read this...I was really hoping to wake up to good news about your little Angel. You made the right choice, but it's always so hard and so terribly sad.

27. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have never had the privilege of being with a kitty literally from the moment of birth until the moment of death. Your bond must have been incredible.

Fly free, little Blue Angel.

28. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

I am so sad to hear about Blue Angel. I hope you can take comfort in her peaceful passing, and remember all the good times you shared together. Your courageous decision to help her go to the rainbow bridge is a testament to your love, for I am sure you were not ready for her to go, but made the decision with her best interests in mind.

((Sunshine))

fly free Blue Angel!

29. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Sunshine, Your wonderful kitty is in a happy place now, free from her illness. May your memories of your Blue Angel comfort you and your family. She was a lucky kitty to have such a loving home and Sami is a lucky kitty to have you to help him through his time of mourning. Thank you for sharing your good-bye to Blue Angel with us. Fly free, sweet Blue Angel! wings_cat

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Stu

30. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Fly free Blue Angel. rb_icon

31. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

I'm so sorry.....what a beautiful way to help your baby cross. :(

32. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I'm so, so sorry to see that you had to let your precious baby go. What a beautiful, peaceful passing you've given her.

33. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

34. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you lost your little Blue Angel. She is running free now and you are carrying her pain. May your memories ease your pain in time. Sending peace and comfort.

35. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

36. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Fly free sweet Angel girl.

37. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your little baby.

Your tribute to her brought tears....your loving good-bye to her was so touching. Thank you for sharing it with us. You have given her such loving care, each day she lived, and when it was her time to go.

Fly free sweet Blue Angel...

((((Sunshine))))

38. Kim&Luck

Kim&Luck Member

My deepest sympathy at the loss of your precious baby. Fly Free Blue Angel, fly free.

39. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss wings_cat wings_cat rb_icon

40. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute to your precious baby girl. I know you will miss her terribly. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Our Sympathy,
    Betty & Hank ...& Elvis

41. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. While the story is very sad, what you did to prepare Blue Angel for cremation was beautiful. rb_icon

42. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

So sorry. Your final acts of love for her are so beautiful.

43. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss :(
    (((Sunshine)))
    Fly free, Blue Angel.

44. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

What lovely way to honor Blue Angel for her beautiful life with you. It was impossible to hold back tears as I read your loving words. I wish you peace at this sad time.

45. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Fly free Blue Angel.

I am so sorry for your loss.

46. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

Fly free to the Rainbow Bridge Blue Angel.
    (((Hugs)))

47. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    My thoughts and deepest sympathies are with you....
    Fly free Blue Angel. wings_cat

Hugs~

Caryl, Alex & Jackson

48. Sunshine and BA

Sunshine and BA Member

Thank you so very much for your kind words of support. I am totally impressed with your kindness and willingness to share the pain of my loss of Blue Angel. I don't think I have experienced anything this painful in a long time. I've have lost 4 Himmies in the last 4 years, I would think it would get easier but it does not. I know all the feelings, upset stomach aching moments, and spaced out times are normal but I hate the intial steps of grief. I just have to keep telling my self grief is the price we pay for having loved and been loved. Sami is struggling and becomes easily stressed if he sees me upset. I'm trying to balance the natural for me and trying to avoid upsetting him. I can't imagine losing 5 feline family members and not being able to "talk" about it. Again, thanks for your very kind words of supports during this very sad time in my life.

Lorraine, Blue Angel and Sami.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.