Goofed up today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Smoky, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

I was half asleep this morning and gave smoky about a teaspoon and a half of his canned food about +10.5 after his PM shooting of 0.5 units of vetsulin. I could kick myself right now. I don't know how much that messed up his PSAM BG. I waited another hour and 45 minutes before testing him. His BG reading was 265, gave him same dose as the night before. So how bad did I screw things up?

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Lisa, we've all been there so give yourself a break! It's tough sometimes to keep all the time scheduling exact. Life just doesn't always allow us to be precise. With Vetsulin, there is flexibility in dosing times so no need to fret. What you did to correct the situation is just fine. You probably didn't need to wait quite so long (2 hours between food and test would be sufficient) but with that much time lag between food and test, you got a good non food influenced reading and that's what matters. :D

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

Lisa, your spreadsheet link is not displaying in your signature now. Can you put the link back?

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

That's close enough to merit a cigar, so how bad did you screw things up? Not a lot, IMO! :)

:bighug:

Mogs

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  5. Lisa and Smoky

I will have to test him about +4 or +5 which would be another 2 or 3 hours from now.
    You are so brave and strong to be posting to others when your beautiful girl just passed over the bridge yesterday.
    Please make sure you take care of yourself and know we are all here for you.

Critter Mom likes this.
  6. Lisa and Smoky

Sorry, I messed up his numbers so had to fix spreadsheet and repost it this morning. I hope I did it right and others can read it.

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

I can see again now Lisa! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.