Greetings and thanks

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chris & Queenie, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & Queenie

Chris & Queenie Member

Hello All,

I am a long time cat person and have had lots of experience with all sorts of feline maladies, but Diabetes is new for me. I have a 12 yo kitty that actually belongs to my mom, but I am the cat nurse and so it's my job to get her stable ~ if possible.
    I have lots of questions but want to do a little more reading before posting too many.
    I will hop over to the main forum a little later with a few of my most pressing questions. However I do have one that I can't resist posting here, what does OTJ mean? Is there a place on this forum where I can find a glossary of the lingo?
    And should I be concerned that there are several pages that seem like they have not been updated in a while, like this one which says last updated in 2005?

http://www.felinediabetes.com/dummies.htm#glucurve

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Glossary is here, back on the Home FDMB page. Not everything is there. OTJ means off-the-juice, insulin being the juice. It's our fun way of saying a cat does not need insulin injections anymore, but has BG (blood glucose) levels in the normal range controlled by diet.

Home, Getting Started, Dictionary and Glossary.

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

OTJ = Off the juice, ie, diet-controlled status.

Welcome to FDMB

4. Chris & Queenie

Chris & Queenie Member

5. purrdydolly

purrdydolly Member

That particular link still has a lot of good info in it even though it's old. Probably the other pages you came across do too. Anything you are unsure about just post a question and you'll get people's current thinking on the topic. Welcome aboard :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.