Greetings from Raven

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RockCandi, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockCandi

RockCandi New Member

Hello all,

Raven and I have been navigating his diabetes since I "kidnapped" him from his previous owner, my father in law. Long story short- we took the cat to the vet over concerns about his declining health and were encouraged by my FIL to not bring him back home after he heard about Raven's new diagnosis. Yay new member of the family!

I have been treating Raven for over a year now. He is between 14-16 years old (my husband isn't sure). He's been on beef insulin this entire time; I alter his dose based on his blood sugar reading before each meal (twice a day, he and the kitten split 1 and 1/2 cans morning and night). We've been at 1/2 a unit lately- the lowest I've gotten him.

I hope that by joining this forum I can get a bit more guidance about dosing and potentially getting him into remission. Thanks for reading!

Brandi and Raven

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

3. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Hello and welcome Brandi and Raven ( love the name!)
    There are lots of experienced people here who can help you. If you set up a spreadsheet and put some information in your signature it will help people help.

Things like your name, kitties name, brand of food, which type of insulin what meter you use for testing and those sorts of things.
    There is a main health forum or specific insulin forums if you want to discuss doses etc.

You are both in the right place :)

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yeah for you!!!! I catnapped Smokey from my parents 2 yrs ago. I'm sure Raven appreciates feeling better because you stepped in. Wonderful.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome Brandi and Raven! It sounds like you've done a great job on your own with Raven and just need some help tweaking things to fine tune your methods. This is the place to be. Once you have Raven's info and his spreadsheet up people can have a look and give you some guidance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.