? Gypsy 8/16: AMPS 127, +6 114, PMPS 107

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Arkali, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkali

Arkali Member

Good morning!
    Here's yesterday's thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2237465/

Gypsy was at 127 this morning, which is pretty good. I went ahead and shot since she's climbing and to hopefully keep her steady. She actually played last night--it was so great to see. My husband got out the "light bug" (laser pointer) for our Cavalier spaniel, and Gypsy went after it. Previously she'd play, but she didn't get super energetic about it. We chalked it up to her age, but I'm thinking it was her diabetes. Trying not to kick myself too hard for that. Anyway, it made me really happy to see her chasing that stupid dot :)

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yeah for feeling playful.

Arkali likes this.
  3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

If you are unable to shoot tonight again, it may be a good idea to try 0.25u and see if you can shoot both AM and PM. Try and get her numbers to stay level the full 24 hours. :)

Arkali and Jill & Alex (GA) like this.
  4. Arkali

Arkali Member

Thanks, @Mandy & Rex . I was just actually contemplating that. Her depot seems to last for two cycles, then she starts dipping again. So maybe smaller doses steadily would do better for her. I'll give it a try.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  5. Arkali

Arkali Member

107 preshot. Should I shoot do you think?

Edit: I'll hold on the shot, I think. See how she is in the morning.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Your goal is to get Gypsy in Green (not Blue) Everytime you skip a dose you're taking a step back.
    Mandy advised you to reduce to .25 & shoot, so Gypsy is getting some insulin.Remember how Lantus works? :)

Arkali likes this.
  7. Arkali

Arkali Member

K. I went ahead and shot. Holy cow, trying to get .25! What BG would y'all suggest holding her shot at (e.g. not shooting)?

8. JoyBee&Ravan

Were you an hour late Shooting? You'll need to shoot in the morning at the same time. If you want to go back to shooting at 9:30 you
    need to do it in 15 min increments at am & pm. 10:15 then,10 then 9:45 until you're back to 9:30.

Mandy advised you shoot .25 am & pm for a few days to see if Gypsy's Bg stays level.
    You can get Relion syringes with Half unit markings. You put the plunger as close as you can in the middle of the half unit to get .25. At least it's some insulin.

It's better to taper off very slowly than to just stop. If you're following SLGS you need to re read what it says about shooting at different numbers.
    I've been here for just over 6 months so I don't feel confident enough to tell you dosing. I leave that to the people that have been doing this for "Years" (I still ask for dosing advice!)

Insulin is very powerful, even just a drop! You need to use it carefully.

It's a lot to learn ,take it slow.You need to listen to the advice.

It will get easier! :) :bighug:

[​IMG]

Arkali likes this.
  9. Arkali

Arkali Member

Thanks, @JoyBee&Ravan --we were an hour late. 10 p.m. as opposed to 9. So I'll do 9:45 in the morning, then 9:30, and hopefully Saturday she'll be back at 9 p.m. Thank you! Yeah, I have syringes with 1/2-unit marks. Soooo tiny. I don't think I could do it if hubby didn't have a desk magnifier with a light. It makes it a lot easier! We'll leave it at .25 and see how she's doing for a while. Hopefully it'll be good for her, even if it's nerve-racking for me :p

10. JoyBee&Ravan

You should note on the SS that you gave .25 & the time. People look at Gypsy's SS to get dosing info.
    If her Bg was 65 I'd definitely tag someone that's been helping you with the dose. It looks to me like Gypsy could be heading for remission!

Get confirmation on the dose before you shoot this morning. If she's even lower they might tell you not to shoot.

It's probably from taking her off the dry food.

Going in the right direction! Yay for you guys!!:D:D:D :bighug:

11. JoyBee&Ravan

You need to post a bg & tag someone if it's low.

Hope you have a Great weekend!:joyful:

12. Arkali

Arkali Member

Thanks, @JoyBee&Ravan . I updated the sheet to reflect that I shot last night. Still a couple of hours until shot time this morning. @Mandy & Rex , what are your thoughts on shooting this morning?

13. JoyBee&Ravan

Have you tested this morning? You might want to get a test in before amps to see if she came up or down. Sometimes you can't reach anyone for a while. It's better to ask early. :)

It's a good idea to post a new thread early. Put todays' date Gypsy and a ? and "Need dose advice ASAP" The person you're trying to reach might not be available but someone else with experience will respond. Also remember to remove the ? and the dose advice asap after you get an answer.:)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  14. Arkali

Arkali Member

I just did. 74.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.