? Hair loss around Titans ear.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MyTitan (GA), Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

condo: Titan 9/15

Morning to the FDMB Main Forum, my question concerns hair loss. We have noticed a small patch getting larger right behind Titans ear that is losing hair. Appears to be falling out, skin is fine with no irritation and it does not bother him ie no scratching or itching. It is about 1 mm x 1mm. When I pull on the surrounding hair it does not pull out. I don't think it is mites or other bugs as we have seen this before and Titan is not displaying the symptoms. Just wondering if it is the prolonged tyme we have spent in high BG numbers, nutrition etc. if it does not show improvement a visit to the vet will be in order. Thanks Ed.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Have you carefully looked inside the right ear?
    It could be that Titan is scratching the ear and you are just not seeing him do that. That happened with one of my cats.
    Can you take/post a photo of both the problem area on the right ear and the same ear on the left eat?

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Someone else here (don't recall who) had an FD kitty who lost hair around the ears. I know FD can cause coat condition to suffer so maybe this is just another manifestation of that?

4. MyTitan (GA)

Hi Larry and kittens, yes the ear is good also , I was not clear but the bare patch is at the base of the ear sorta on the skull, pic to follow.

5. MyTitan (GA)

That's our thought Kris & Teasel. Just strange and I wondered if anyone else had seen this. His coat is suffering a bit. Almost like the hair is thinning.

6. MyTitan (GA)

image.jpeg
    Here's the best shot I could get. Funny he doesn't respond to "sit"

Attached Files:

7. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

To me it looks like the hair loss is due to scratching.
    There cold be a problem inside the ear canal so an otoscope would be needed to examine the ear canal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.