Hairballs ????

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by calliecat an marty, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

hello everyone !!

this isn't about callie its about her civvie sister tesse , tesse started vomiting clear liquidy foam like stuff on thursday, she started eating less and the last time I have seen her drink water was friday morning , she has eaten maybe 1 can to 1 and 1/2 cans of food since thursday night , I brought her to the vet Friday and he felt her stomach and said she felt fine that he thought it was a hairball so he game me Laxatone for her ( she hates it and she hated the vet ) had the vet tech ( young guy) scared to touch her ! I insisted on a blood panel which they have to send in so probley won't know anything until monday! anything I can do for her now or give her to help her eat or hack the hair ball up if that is what it is this is scaring the crap out of me , other wise she seems fine still purs and wants loving, she stays up stairs alot ( far from any out side doors does not want to go to the vet )

thank you marty ,callie, tesse

2. I had a kitty, Lillian, (Bob's sister) who used to do that fairly regularly. But with her it was never a hairball, but eventually I always found part of a green plant, or a piece of pine straw in the foam. I used to ask her "what the hell did you eat if for if you knew it was going to make you gak?" I think she did it on purpose to vomit, like maybe her tummy was already upset? But she rarely threw up food.

If she's also showing very little appetite, I'd be a little concerned. Hopefully the blood work will solve the mystery.

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.