Harley's BG now 89 from 510!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gladioli66, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gladioli66

Gladioli66 New Member

I am so grateful. We took Harley to the vet this AM for his two week BG check and expected to have to start insulin, but even with the stress of the doctor's office his BG was 89. Yipee! Also, Harley has gone from 15.5 pounds to 14.8 pounds. He is not overeating, so I am not going to worry about his weight for now because it may take care of itself.
    If you recall I cold turkey switched both my cat's to an all canned diet about 2 1/2 weeks ago because Harley's BG was 510. Yikes! Harley's BG was fine last November when he had his yearly checkup, but after a steroid injection his BG shot up, he started urinating huge quantities and drinking cups of water a day and I started panicking.
    If not for all the great people here and all the info provided by this site I would not have had the confidence to make the switch to an all canned diet. I am currently reading Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkins' book Your Cat. I wish I had read it long ago. We will be keeping all our home furry people on an all canned diet from now on. As for feral colonies we feed, they were already getting Friskies Classic Pate. We will have to continue feeding dry to the colonies as well, but it is better than allowing them to starve and they do get canned on the nights my husband is responsible for feeding them all.
    Thank you everyone,
    Gladioli

Tanya and Ducia and MJW like this.
  2. Lillie

Lillie Member

Yay Harley!! Similar thing happened to my cat Leo when I switched to all canned wet food. All his other blood values improved too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.