Harvey and I are new here

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harvey's Mom, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvey's Mom

Harvey's Mom New Member

Hello all- just a quick intro as I have finally got the confirmation here etc all done. I am Brooke and Harvey (who is a girl lol) is a cat that my neighbors tossed out and long story short, has recently come to live with me & my family. Within two days of having her (she was in my bathroom for quarantine etc) I realized her incredible urine output pointed to diabetes. I have had her about two weeks now and she is on insulin (levemir now, was vetsulin) and have been testing and have her on just pate canned food (switching all my cats actually because I have refreshed myself on cat nutrition and am trying to get up to date.) She's a sweet girl and she is actually my second diabetes cat; my first one was years ago though and he was FIV+ as well as had an ear tumor and at the time I had him on w/d etc but I have learned that a lot has changed since then. Anyway, just a quick intro and hello here, I hope to learn a lot more from you all. Have a great day!

2. Pati

Pati Member

Hi Brooke. Welcome. Harvey is a lucky girl to have ended up in your hands. If you have any specific questions, post under Feline Health. There is also a Lantus and Levemir forum.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome and kudos to you for taking Harvey in! :)

4. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and to extra-sweet Harvey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.