has anyone fed Hound and Gatos?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MaeCat, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaeCat

MaeCat New Member

Hello, it's been a while since I have been on here. This question is for my nondiabetic cat. As for Mae, she has been doing a lot better. She has lost a healthy amount of weight, and can even clean more than her front paws, which she couldn't do before. My mom has been feeding her the good stuff and less dry food, thanks to the help of me and this forum. I think it's been three or so months since we've had her diagnosed as diabetic.

So today I'm wondering who has fed Hound and Gatos, and can recommend it? I have been buying Nutro Natural Choice canned chicken and turkey for a couple years. Since May I have been ordering from Chewy.com. The shipment from last week was questionable. I opened a chicken this morning, and the can is watery and full of sauce. I drained that and there was less than half a can of food. Another can was the same but at least had half food. My cat refused to eat it. I called Nutro and Chewy (both good customer service), and decided after some searching to try Hound and Gatos. It's one of the few like Nutro Natural Choice that have absolutely no veggies, fruits, grains, yeast, flaxseed, fish, carrageenan or other kind of weird crap (except for thickeners which I can't seem to escape). I got a refund for the chicken, and now I am awaiting Hound and Gatos. My main concern is my cat may not like the pate as I don't feed it to her much and it takes her ages to eat it (she prefers to just lap up chunks and not bother chewing).

So, has anyone tried it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.