Head twitch?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amanda & Shmee, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Since this question isn't specific to Lantus I figured I would post here too to get more eyes on it.
    I have been meaning to ask this. Waiting in the lobby at the vet for his bloodwork about a week ago I noticed my Shmee had a slight head/ear twitch. He gets very scared at the vet. It was weird, and I assumed it was due to stress. I tried to give him the Gabapetin as powder in his food but he only ate about half. I don't know if that was his first time doing it, but it was the first time I caught it. Ever since, I have been noticing that it has not gone away. Its not very often, but every once in a while I will catch him do a little head twitch. I plan on asking my vet, but since there are lots of experienced people here I figured I would ask to see if anyone has experienced this before or what it could be. Too scared to Google at this point. I will if I don't get responses today.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Is he doing anything else like pawing his ears or eyes? If you start going down the neurological path it's half guess work and conjecture. Make sure his eyes look okay, ears are clean, no dental issues.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  4. Noah & me (GA)

I need a do-over on my last post. @FurBabiesMama
    Anything neurological can be serious but I've seen too many vets and human doctors look for answers when there isn't one. They seem to forget there's someone on the other end of all their poking and prodding. :( :blackeye: :banghead:

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

6. Noah & me (GA)

@FurBabiesMama I thought my reply was kind of flippant, I typed too slow and by the time I posted yours popped up first.
    I actually meant to nag you, not tag you.
    nag nag nag...... :oops: :( :blackeye:

7. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

I tried to catch him doing it all day yesterday but I did not.
    I have not caught it when he was low, just randomly. I was scared it could be the result of a hypo and I didn't catch it, but I test very often so I don't really see that. I will keep an eye on him, thank you both and happy Caturday :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.