Hello from Kit and his human in Toronto!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by C_Star, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C_Star

C_Star Member

Hi All,

My furry BFF, Kit, was diagnosed with diabetes one month ago, and this site has been essential in helping me learn how best to treat his needs and keep him healthy. Thank you all!

Kit also has Stage 1 Kidney Disease, he’s approx 15 years old (he’s a rescue so not 100% sure of his age), he’s a domestic short hair, he’s active, hilarious, loving, and my best bud.

Under advisement from our vet, we’re doing twice daily BG testing (AlphaTrak II) and twice daily 1u shots of Lantus (as needed).

We have some health questions, but will post them in the main forum.

Just wanted to say hello here and thank you all for this great resource!

FullSizeRender.jpg

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome and what a handsome fur guy! I'm so glad that you have found information on the board that has helped you. I look forward to getting to know Kit better, and please do post in the Main forum with questions and/or concerns.
    Please also create a spreadsheet to track the insulin shot times and dosages, in addition to tracking the BG before shots and different times of the day. Here is a link to making the spreadsheet: SPREADSHEET

C_Star likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

C_Star likes this.
  4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Lots of Canadians here but no official list. We're formerly from Bay and St. Marys (Bloor) but now in the 905. Had to buy a house somewhere and 416 wasn't possible.

C_Star likes this.
  5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Waving hello to you and Kit from the Kawarthas.

C_Star likes this.
  6. C_Star

C_Star Member

Waving back enthusiastically! Kit was born on a farm west of Peterborough, so he considers himself a Kawarthas cat.

7. JanetNJ

Ah sebastian bach's hometown.

8. C_Star

C_Star Member

I had no idea! And apparently he's even playing his hometown in November...

JanetNJ likes this.
  9. JanetNJ

I actually got a kitten from him about 20 years ago. Lol

10. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

The Kawarthas make very fine cats – and musicians. Second show recently added for Sebastien Bach. Neil Young played in his hometown of Omeemee this summer. It is supposed to become a documentary. Serena Ryder is from here as well.

C_Star likes this.
  11. C_Star

C_Star Member

That's amazing! I'm glad to hear that he cares about cats... perhaps we can hope for a side project called SKitty Row?

JanetNJ and Red & Rover (GA) like this.
  12. C_Star

C_Star Member

Agreed! Fine cats and fine musicians. There must be something magical in the waters of the Kawartha Lakes.
    I missed the Neil Young show in Omemee, but hope to see the documentary!
    Kit's favourite Neil Young song is "Harvest Mew-n," but he also likes "Keep on Pawin' in the Free World."

13. JanetNJ

His cat had kittens... Of course I lectured him about getting her fixed. Lol I think his ex wife was more the cat person.... They had a huge white German Shepherd named Wolverine at the time as well.

C_Star likes this.
  14. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Piling on with the welcomes. Another Torontonian here and my extra sweet furbaby is a Kawartha's kitty too!

C_Star likes this.
  15. C_Star

C_Star Member

What a small world! So happy to see so many Kawartha kitties thriving and well-loved :)

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.