Hello from Oliver

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Melody I., Dec 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melody I.

Melody I. New Member

Oliver is 10.5 years old and was diagnosed with pancreatitis and diabetes on 11/29/19. I was so devastated as I lost a cat to undiagnosed diabetes complications 7 years ago and vowed to never have to go through that again. Oliver has not had dry food in the 6 years that I have had him as he was prone to urinary crystals before I adopted him. Oliver eats only raw food, cooked food and Friskies or Fancy Feast pate. I've been struggling for the last month to get him regulated. My vet doesn't seem that knowledgeable regarding feline diabetes and I am so glad I found this site. I've spent the last several hours reading through postings and trying to absorb all of the helpful information. Thank you all for being here to support us newbies!

2. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Hi Melody and Merry Christmas. You've found the right place for support, education, and advice. There are some very knowledgeable FD members on here who are very generous in donating their time to help others help their kitties.

You are off to a great start in getting your signature line all set up and setting up your SS (spreadsheet). There is a lot of information on here and it can be overwhelming, but take heart in knowing that you are not alone and I for one, am definitely on the learning curve! lol You'll want to post your insulin/dosing questions on the Basaglar forum. When you have a question, put the little ? icon in your thread title. Don't be shy to ask questions and Oliver is on the right track just with you connecting with this site.

If you have your glucometer readings from the past month enter them on your spreadsheet, as it would help the experienced people help you with dosing and insulin questions you may have. You'll also be able to see trends/patterns in Oliver's numbers.

Welcome again and I wish you and Oliver the best as you go down this FD path ! :cat:

3. Melody I.

Melody I. New Member

Thanks Judy! I see Freckles has the half moustache just like Oliver and unfortunately have diabetes in common as well. I will head over to the Basaglar forum this evening.

Judy and Freckles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.