Hello from Sarah and Samba

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sarah Mc, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

IMG_0322.JPG hello,

My cat, Samba, was just diagnosed with diabetes on 12/31/16. We are still trying to get it under control. He sounds like a man when he pees in his litterbox :D and he is going through a 26lb box of litter every 7-10 days... he is now on 2 units of Lantus twice daily but was formerly on Novolin N for a week. He went from 14lbs to 10. At first, I thought that the weight loss was a good thing because the vet said that he could stand to lose a few, but he kept losing. He is 8 years old. His blood sugar went from 460 on 12/31/16 to 472 on 1/7/17 after a week's worth of shots, so that was a little disconcerting. I love him more than anything in my life, and he still seems quite happy and energetic despite it all. Happy to hear that a forum like this exists :) I have been reading various threads tonight, and it seems like a very nice, knowledgeable, and supportive community. Thanks for having us.

Sarah & sambaman

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah, and welcome. Gorgeous cat.

Post any questions or concerns you have in the Health or the Lantus forums. Tell us what you are feeding and if you are home testing (we can help). The people here love questions.

A good place to start is here: Frequently Asked Questions List for the Feline Diabetes Message Board (FDMB)

Also the yellow stickies at the top of the Lantus forum.

Sarah Mc likes this.
  3. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

Will do. Thank you! He was happy to receive your compliment ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.