Hello from Toby and Terri

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Toby's Mom, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toby's Mom

Toby's Mom New Member

Hello. My guy Toby is 8 years old and was diagnosed mid June. Despite weekly vet visits, I am still unable to regulate his numbers. To complicate matters, he has a UTI that has been unresponsive to three weeks worth of antibiotics. Feeling very frustrated.

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome. You've come to the right place. Please post your concerns and a bit more about Toby (insulin, dosage, home testing?, food, antibiotics) in the Main Health Forum where you will get more eyes.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Welcome to the forum. Hopefully we can help. If you have any specific questions write on the main health forum where more eyes will see it.

The best way to get a handle on the numbers is to test from home.

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! I'm sorry you and Toby are having such a hard time of it.

5. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Stick with us and we'll do what we can for both of you. A lot of us have problems regulating our cats for any number of reasons. Can I ask why the vet needs to see Toby every week? Noah pees his pants when he goes but his brother thought it was fantastic. They're all different but that's why we love them. See you in the main forum, Feline Health.

6. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Toby and Terri! :cat:

7. Toby's Mom

Toby's Mom New Member

Thank you all. The vet does a glucose check each time I go, so that is the reason for the weekly visit. I know...I need to do it at home, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I have an appointment next week with an internist.

8. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

One random glucose check a week is not going to provide the needed information to know if the dose is correct. It just is not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.