HELLO! Glad you are here

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kitty & bear, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty & bear

kitty & bear New Member

My cat "baby bear" was diagnosed in early December '14 and while I was desperately looking for answers, i stumbled upon this website.. I just wanted to thank you for being here. I didn't sign up right away out of embarrassment, as I am in the veterinary field and have been for most of my life.
    when I found myself in this position, I was not prepared for what would come. The questions, the dilemma, the fact that few veterinary professionals (including myself) really understand how to treat feline diabetics... The funny part is only after reading the "Dear Mom" letter, was i able to get a grip and laugh at myself for doing all of those things and finally relax a bit. I am sure Bear thanks you too, he has been extremely tolerant of the new way we "play" together.
    After some research & a bout of DKA, we recently changed to the compounded pzi from bcp, and he is doing great, at least for now, we are both sane.. Thanks again, Kitty & Bear

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    Reason for edit: Welcome! Removed the GA prefix from the subject line of your thread. GA means "Guardian Angel" or "Gone Ahead" after kitty passes."
  2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Welcome. Glad that the BCP insulin is working good.

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Er ... we use GA to indicate a cat has become a Guardian Angel and is deceased.
    If you go up to the top post and click on the little arrow on the right, you can edit the title.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  4. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome.

Glad you have found us:)

5. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Welcome Kitty and sugardude Baby Bear.

If you have any questions, please start a new post over in the Feline Health (the Main Forum).

Yes, that "Dear Mom" letter is a gem!

6. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks everyone for welcoming and guiding! And, welcome Kitty & Bear!

7. Marciegee

Marciegee Member

Welcome Kitty and Bear! I have found this community to be extremely helpful and supportive! I'm glad you're here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.