Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelloTardis79

HelloTardis79 New Member

Hello all. My name is Christine. I have two cats (Zero and Nova). Zero was diagnosed with Asthma last year. We just got that under control and now he was diagnosed with Diabetes, this week. I am quite stressed (as is my wallet). I try to do what is best for him, and just want him to be healthy and happy.

2. Koko's humans

Koko's humans New Member

Hi Christine, I have never had a cat with diabetes and asthma but I know both are very treatable. I believe you have to typically treat the diabetes around the asthma. So, if Zero needs steroids (which can cause diabetes in cats but sometimes are necessary) you would just have to adjust the insulin to meet his needs. How old is he? Bless you for caring for him. It is doable, I promise.
    Shirley

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome:bighug:

I am just off to bed (late in the uk) but wanted to say hi. My cat has asthma and also has diabetes thanks to long term use of oral steroids but has recently become a diet controlled diabetic.

I will post more tomorrow but in the meantime could you let me know how you are treating both conditions and I might be able to offer some suggestions. Is he on inhaled steroids yet?

I hear you about the cost :eek::confused::nailbiting:

4. Marciegee

Marciegee Member

Hi @HelloTardis79 and Zero! (Love your username, by the way, I'm a Whovian myself)

Welcome to the forums. I joined a little over a month ago and have found people are eager to help you if you have any questions or just need to process. Have you started insulin yet? And yeah, it gets expensive, my wallet is still bruised!

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

6. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hi Christine and Zero, and welcome to FDMB :bighug:
    This is a great forum and I'm sure you'll soon feel at home here.

Is Zero on insulin yet? And if so, which insulin, and what dose?
    And what are you feeding him at the moment?

Eliz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.