Hello

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cher, Mar 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cher

Cher New Member

Hi. I’m Cheryl (Cher). My cats are Rory (4 years) and Amy (3 years). Rory is and orange tabby and Amy is a tortoise shell. Amy was diagnosed with diabetes in December. I have read many of your forums about types of insulin, how to dose, pharmacies to use, etc. Even though I haven’t joined, asked questions, or participated in your forum until now, you guys have helped me a lot. Seems many people experience similar challenges or have similar questions regarding feline diabetes. Thank you for all of your indirect support.

I joined today because we seem to be having behavior problems in my house. I posted in the health area about my monsters and my question about behavior modification.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to you Cher, Amy and Rory too. I just read your post on the Main Health forum about "monsters". The fur kids in your avatar picture look like little angels. :) The questions and issues will be responded to in the other forum.

Since you have been reading information and probably other members' posts you might have noticed the signatures at the bottom of each post with kitty's information. Would you take a few minutes and create a signature for Amy so that her pertinent information is available when you post. It saves asking/answering the same questions about her or trying to scroll through previous posts for the information.
    Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

We use a spreadsheet here to record insulin dose and blood sugar testing data. If you are already home testing, here is a link to the area where you will find instructions for set up and also how to understand the spreadsheet grid:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/suggestions-tech-support-testing-area.6/

Best wishes going forward :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.