Help! +4.5 is 67.. it’s happening!!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Jade, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

giving gravy!!! Now what!!!

2. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Breathe

67 is a safe number. Wait 20 mins and re check. I'll hang out with you :cool:

3. Jill & Jade

I thought 68 is the take action number? I gave her Frisjies gravy and a couple Greenies...gravy is 14 on the carb list. Thank you. I’m shaking!!

4. Jill & Jade

And thank you!

5. Jill & Jade

20 minutes... up to 85 after a nice serving of gravy! Now what?

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  6. Jill & Jade

Does that last awhile?

7. Sandy and Black Kitty

It is indeed a take action number. The first action is not to panic - a 67 is not life threatening.
    It is however indicative that a dose reduction is in order - congratulations! :D
    New dose will be 0.75u

85 is great. Go ahead and take down the 911.

It is an ECID thing. Check again in another 20-30 mins.

8. Jill & Jade

Ok...will you be up for awhile? Should she be rising still?

9. Jill & Jade

Up to 180 now! Man that gravy works!! Now what? I’ll stay up if need be but I’ve only had 2 hours of sleep ( if that)

10. Jill & Jade

She’s playful.

11. Jill & Jade

I really don't know what to do next.....is she out of the woods??

12. Sandy and Black Kitty

Good data for the future.
    Update your ss so that folks know exactly whats transpired and where Jade is at now. Indicate what you fed and when, either in the cell corresponding to the +hour or the remarks column. Personally I prefer to see it in the cell (example from BKs ss):
    feeding numbers.jpg

How long has it been since you fed the gravy and greenies?

13. Jill & Jade

I did a few minutes ago and I'd say almost an hour ago? Just before I got on here. So....3:25,I'd say.

14. Sandy and Black Kitty

Grab one more test for good measure. If its stable or rising you can call it a night. :cool:

Jill & Jade likes this.
  15. Jill & Jade

@220 now which is 27 minutes after the last test....hope I didn't give her too much gravy.Yikes.

16. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

It's okay. You'll learn with practise how much to give. She'll most likely bounce from this low, anyway. Good job!

Amanda & Shmee and Jill & Jade like this.
  17. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Good morning Jill. Sorry you're having a difficult time today. Just remember, the numbers you're seeing are what all of us are hoping for! For our kitties to be regulated & maybe go into remission, their BG (blood Glucose) needs to be down in the green & maybe a bit of blue #'s .

So even though it's scary & frustrating Jade is doing really good! I'm up tonight because my kitty,Ravan's BG is up in the High 400's for the last 12 hrs. He was doing so good in the green & now he's back too high for too long.

I'm 71 yrs old & had pneumonia a few weeks ago, going without sleep is just part of what we do to take care of our much loved kitties. It's a bit like a roller coaster ride.Up & then down again. Until gradually it all even out.

Maybe if you look at some the SS (spread Sheets) for the other cats you'll understand what i mean better. And it will also help if you read the sticky notes about how the insulin works & other important information.

You're doing great. Just listen to the advice of the people that have been through this before. They are donating their time to help you just like someone else did for them. Paying it back!

Hope you have a great Day. Hang in there.:)

18. Jill & Jade

Up to 220! Thank you sooooooooooo much!! Going to try to sleep! Her usual shoot time is 11:00am and I'm more than a little apprehensive about doing it. I don't know why this crash happened?

19. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

It's not really a crash. Just a dip into lower numbers - he was perfectly safe the whole time. I know it's scary the first few times they go into green, but you were there watching over him, and green numbers are good! He's telling you 1.0 is too much insulin. As Sandy said, he's ready to go to .75. Congrats on the reducie!

20. Jill & Jade

Thank you so much, and YES it is like a roller coaster ride (hate them in real life also)I hope YOU"RE feeling better and that your sweet Raven stabilizes as well. Yes, the things we do for love.:bighug:

21. Sandy and Black Kitty

You may have gone a bit overboard, however it doesn't hurt to err on the side of caution. Guiding a cycle with food takes practice.
    You will have plenty of opportunities to find what works best.
    Going from PS 188 to 67 over 4.5 hours is not a crash. Jade is just done with the 1u dose right now. Its a good thing.

22. Jill & Jade

She went into the ugly color green.:( That gravy worked well and FAST!! I think I'm going to attempt to sleep. I feel like someone put sand in my eyes.
    Jade is just hanging out in the window, seemingly oblivious except for the cringing when she knows I'm coming at her for a test...poor baby.

23. Jill & Jade

Ok. I will drill that into my head!! Promise!!

24. Jill & Jade

And thank you!!

25. Jill & Jade

THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING US!!!! I'm so very grateful!!:bighug::bighug::kiss::D

26. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Oh they always do that right after scaring the you-know-what out of us! Typical cat! :rolleyes:

Jill & Jade likes this.
  27. JoyBee&Ravan

Hope this Helps to understand what's going on.

Skipping doses when your cat is low can create a significantly higher reading later on. Giving too much insulin can cause these spikes as well. What happens in this case is that your cat’s glucose gets too low, and it causes rebound effect, creating a skyrocketing blood glucose level later in the day.

Regulating a diabetic cat can be quite overwhelming and time consuming, but there is a possibility that your cat will go into remission with his feline diabetes. My best suggestion is to read all you can and to join some forums for support and to learn you are not alone!

Jill & Jade likes this.
  28. JoyBee&Ravan

The Green color is NOT ugly! It's the color we all want our kitties to have! You'll see, someday (hopefully soon) you'll be so happy to see that Green. :D

29. Jill & Jade

I will read and reread and reread. Thank you.

30. Jill & Jade

No... the dark green is lovely!! On my chart once you get under 68, the green changes to a chartreuse color! That’s the one I no likey....

31. Jill & Jade

Attached Files:

32. JoyBee&Ravan

OK I forgot you're using a different meter with your kitty. I'm just using a Relion meter from Walmart. 68 is a good # on my meter.

Try to get some sleep!

33. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Hi Jill, congratulations on the reduction!! The lime green is scary but like Tricia and Sandy said, this is what all of us pray for!! Shmee finally earned a reduction at 7 units and over four months. So don't worry, it is good news :D I see from your signature line you still haven't decided on TR or SLGS? Did you print out and re-read the stickies? You will want to make a decision because that will determine how long Jade will stay on .75 units. This is a great start to her sugar dance and you did a GREAT job! Hope you got some sleep!

Oh yeah and - I remember you saying you did not have syringes with half unit markings (if I am remembering correctly?), did you get those?

34. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

At this point I would love either green for my gal. You did well, Jade is safe and that is all that matters. Congrats on reducie.

35. Jill & Jade

Hi! So... if her amps is a good number, do I shoot as normal (.75) there’s no need to skip or anything different after our mini crisis?

36. Jill & Jade

Just teststed her and she’s at 171 @ +9.5
    My guess is she’s going down, not up. I really don’t want to shoot if she’s low. I have to work this afternoon and am now super worried about what could happen when I’m not here.

37. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

can you possible update the SS with all # you have so far?
    How soon after the shot (if you going to give it @regular time) do you have to leave?
    Are there any med carbs/ high carbs food in the house?

38. Jill & Jade

Yep... everything is on the SS except for the one I just took. I shoot at 11:00 and leave at 2:30.
    I have the gravy food I used last night. FF gravy lovers, and some mid-range carb food delivered today. Hopefully before I leave .

39. Tanya and Ducia

sorry, I am no techy at all...I cannot see any data for today Jun 28th AM cycle...
    could it be that you didn't save the changes/ updates you 'v made to the SS.>?
    I reload the page but nothing - still blank :confused::confused:

40. Jill & Jade

I have not started today's because I start at 11:00am, but everything from last night (dawns crack this am) is on there..

41. Tanya and Ducia

Sorry I did n't see the 171 @+9.
    She might be going up.
    If you take either +10 or +11 you'll have better idea at the preshot where she is heading up and down.
    You'll get the chance to take the +2 test before you leave which is good.

42. Tanya and Ducia

I got it now...:rolleyes:
    Just needed another :coffee:

43. Jill & Jade

Boy do I get THAT!!! Her +9 is actually +10.5 ...talk about needing coffee!! Her routine begins in 40 minutes, I will reach out before I do anything, if thats'ok?

44. Jill & Jade

I just updated it....

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  45. Tanya and Ducia

I'll hang in here until then.
    Quick question: she never had ketones, is that right?
    She is eating ok, yes?

46. Jill & Jade

not that I know of and yes, eating has never been an issue with this little fatso!

47. Jill & Jade

Do they make syringes for quarter dosing? Or only half? Thses are half and teeeeennny tiny markings. Gonna test her in 10 minutes by the way.

48. Tanya and Ducia

they make only half.
    It is pain to adjust micro dosing :blackeye:, I was doing it for quiet a while now.
    Just aim between 0.5 and 1 as best as you can. I use magnifier in add to readers. Dose accuracy is not as important as dose consistency - something you can give safely.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  49. Jill & Jade

Thanks...going to test now. Be right back!

50. Jill & Jade

146. I'm going to skip....too risky and she's heading down. Just food, is that ok? I hope.

51. Tanya and Ducia

yes it is ok.
    Newer members are not advised to shoot below 150.
    Just feed regular brekki.
    Take another test at +2.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  52. Jill & Jade

Thanks! Will do!!

53. Tanya and Ducia

Just a reminder that it is possibl that the last night's dose of 1U will have an effect today.
    For that matter taking test @+2 is good idea - if she lower still you can feed her a little more food.
    Also, I think it might be good if you feed her before leaving - you said yo have to leave at her +3.5?
    Unless she is high at +2 test before leaving and feed a little.

54. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

If you are using the AT2 pet meter, 68 is the take action number.

Jill & Jade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.